Chapter 9

Limo one. They get out, smile at the cameras and go into the place.

Limo two. They get out, smile at the cameras and go into the place.

Limo three. They get out, smile at the cameras and go into the place.

Limo five is us. Honestly, I don't understand why we have to be so damn fancy. Arriving on my bike with jeans is fine with me.

They have to always show others just how much they do have. With the limos' and paparazzi and one by one limo line up.

It's horrible, the light is physically on you. When you walk into that place from your limo, they literally only focus on you and your flaws.

Mom looks outstanding in an off shoulder purple ball gown. Diamonds lead from her waist along the top of the dress.

Dad is wearing a tux with a tie that matches mom's dress and I am wearing a dark blue cocktail dress that has diamonds going around my waist like a belt, from there to the top it has a white under with blue flowery detail all over.

I have paired it with a pair of dark blue stilletoes that matches my dress perfectly. My hair is pin straight and my make-up is light since it is going to be a long night. When our limo finally gets to the front, I slip my phone into my dark blue and diamond clutch before smiling at my parents.

Mom gives us a nod and grabs dad's hand as the wierd guy opens the door for us. I follow them out and immdiately squint a bit for all the flashing lights.

Really? It's a business banquet for a childrens hospital. Have some decency you asswipes!

I stand with mom and dad and strike a few poses for photos with them. I smile for everyone and soon we are taking off into the place.

That is when all the shouts and questions start. The questions that either hit a nerve or make you nervous.

Mom and dad both walk ahead of me happily and I keep my distance not wanting to take the attention off of them and their beauty.

Soon I start to walk and am stuck in between all the questions "Emily! Is it true that you have been turning bad?" I roll my eyes and keep walking, ignoring the reporter.

"Emily! Who are you wearing?" It's a good thing I have respect or else I would have shouted 'your mother' to the reporter.

Instead I just put my hand on my hip and smile a sassy smile for the reporter "Emily! Rumour has it that you have anger issues when people speak about your friends. Could you leave a comment?" What the fuck?

I almost jump up in joy when I find myself by the door and immediately I take the invite and walk in.

Following the directions, I soon enter the ballroom and find my parents who are talking to all their friends and siblings.

Aunt Lacy showed up in a gorgeous gold dress and is showing off her baby bump making me smile.

I quickly greet them all with hugs "honey, the others are around somewhere" I nod at mom and give her a small kiss on the cheek before I find myself by the bar.

"One cocktail please. Doesn't matter which one." The bartender gives me a smile and I sit down to wait.

I take my phone out of my bag and check for messages before I feel a presence next to me and look up.

Smiling softly at me, Cole sits with a whiskey glass in hand "please, I just want a peaceful night to watch everyone buy things to help little sick kids before I volunteer to go help out there one day and then get followed home" Cole smirks at my description of the night and I soon smile.

"I was just going to come say hi" I let a small laugh escape "hello, you look pretty neat" he nods and looks at my outfit before looking at me again "you look breathtaking" I see his eyes land on my neck and my hand immediately goes to the necklace that is permanantly around my neck.

The half-heart with my name on. I see a small smile grace his lips "so, I saw that you have been spending your time alone at school this past week"

I nod "yeah, I don't want to hang with those mofos and I don't think the others would appreciate me just coming back"

Shaking his head he puts down his empty glass and I sip my drink "bullshit, they want you back" I shrug "thanks for the help the other day though, I left because I didn't want your parents asking questions" I smile and give him a kiss on the cheek "anytime, I should have hit them harder though"

He chuckles "remind me never to mess with you" I laugh and all the others in the group show up.

An awkward silence falls over us and I clear my throat before grabbing my clutch and standing up "well, I am going to go out for a smoke real quick before this starts. Enjoy your evenings" Cole nods and the others look almost dissappointed as I walk outside and stand with my back to the wall as I quickly light a cigarette.

My phone rings through the silent night and I answer without looking at it "hello" I hear shuffeling "Emily, is there any way that we can talk about all this"

"Nope, nothing to talk about Mike" and then I put down the phone and finish my smoke before I go inside as soon as the auction starts.

I take a seat next to my parents and pop a piece of gum into my mouth. We all get our cards to tell about the night and then Cole's dad starts to speak.

He is an investor in the hospital.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen we will start with an auction and then end with food. Thank you so much to Riley and Ryder Matthews for their wonderful donations towards the hospital" and then I tune out.

The whole night I don't listen to a word anyone says and clap when the others do. I find myself lost in the place known as my messed up mind.

Soon the food comes and when I see the beautiful meat on my plate, I am in paradise with a smiling Cole on my one side and amazing parents on my other side.