Chapter 11

I sit down by the piano and slowly press on a key, smiling when the sound resonates pure beauty.

I play a few more keys and enjoy the gorgeous sound coming through it all.

Piano clearly is my favourite instrument. I can play every instrument thanks to dad, but piano just has such a beautiful sound that makes me feel things I can't begin to explain.

After playing a few melodies, I grab my folder from the top of the piano and open to my newest song.

Dad and mom can both sing, so of course I can sing good too, but I can also write songs.

Songs that mean something deep to me, but are mere lyrics to sing to for someone else.

I write songs that in a way describe exactly what I cannot find the words for.

I take out the song from the sleeve and place it out for me to read. Slowly I start to play the melody.

It is supposed to be a slow song so I stay with a calm pace and then I start to sing with all of my emotions pouring out into the words that come with it.

"If I could could change this world into a rose I would. If I could make it look so good, then there would be no more tears like it should." I play a few more keys and let the melody carry on twice before I sing the chorus

"Cuz everything we do and see makes things change for all in a beat. Maybe we could reveal true beauty sitting, hiding in the deep." I will not let the reporters win, mom and dad will sort it out.

"If I could make it great like a cupcake I would. If I could change a few mistakes I would. If I could start again, I would stay right here, If I could turn back time, I would stay right by your side." Being stupid comes with learning.

If you don't make mistakes, you can't learn and if you can't learn then you will never know what to do and what not to do.

Again I sing the chorus before jumping to the bridge.

"Don't lose yourself, don't break your heart. Keep it safe and give it away on a rainy day to someone great." I sing the chorus two more times before quietly repeating it one more time and then settling with one final progression on the piano.

(I own this song!! No copying it at all!!)

I sit for a while and stare at the words that I have written on the page. The words that make all my emotions come to life.

"Gorgeous!" I turn and look in the doorway to the music room and smile "hey dad" he smiles bright as he comes and sits next to me on the piano stool "hello sugarplum, I heard the song. It sounds great"

"Thanks" he sees me smile and then his smile spreads even wider "I do however, recommend that you end it on a high note" dad presses the third to last key on the piano and then plays the melody I did.

I sing the chorus like I do in the end and when he ends it, he ends it like he said and I smile "it sounds perfect!" He nods before giving me a look which makes me raise an eyebrow "you are such a beautiful girl. Obviously got my looks, but you shouldn't let what the media says change the way you live your life. Your family and friends know the truth and we will sort it out" I nod while letting his words sink in.

"Thanks dad" he nods and then he gives me a happy look "so you are friends with Cole and them again?"

"H-how did you even know we weren't friends anymore?" He smirks at me "I am a famous superstar, I know everything I wanna know. I also want to say great work on how you put Mike and them in their places"

I don't even want to know how he knows all of this anymore "honey, I knew the second you left that you weren't friends with the others anymore. Your joy disappeared, your smiles became less, you started going out less and you started hurting more"his words force me to look dad at my lap in silence. "It broke my heart seeing you like that, but I had to let you take care of it yourself. To learn. It was hard though, if your mom wasn't eith me I would've snapped" it is silent again after he speaks.

"Don't ever let the people in this world make you feel like you need to be someone you are not. Even more important, don't let them choose the people you love" he gives me a kiss on my forhead and a tight hug before wiping a tear and then leaving.

What did I do to deserve such a great dad?

With a smile on my face, I pack up and take my things to my room before going downstairs.

As soon as my feet touch the bottom of the stairs, the doorbell rings and I walk to go open in.

Only to see that my dad and mom both already have, and that they are talking to Sofia. The rest are all standing behind her.

I see my dad nod and then everyone starts to laugh "can I join the laughter?" I pop up from behind and everyone immediately greets me "Emily, we would like to take you to the diner with us"

I smile at Sofia "Greg's diner? The one we always used to go to?" They all nod and I look at my parents asking permission.

They both immediately nod and I run upstairs and grab my jacket and pull my hair into a messy bun before I run downstairs again and give both my parents a kiss on the cheek each.

Then the others grab me and we all make our way to the diner.

The best part? It's like I never left