Chapter 13

It's like we are robots. Sit down, learn, stand up, walk to the next place, sit down, learn, stand up . . . And so it goes on.

This is what school does to us. It makes us act like robots who do the same thing over and over and over again. It even teaches us to deal with all sorts of personalities in people.

Bump

"Sorry" I snap out of my daydream when I bump into someone however, I am held back when I want to start walking again and find myself being hugged by non other than Cole.

I smile up at him and he then slings his arm over my shoulder as we both start walking to our science class.

The one with Miss Craigen.

"Apology accepted. Tell me about Saterday. I saw the picture in the magazine and my dad told me about what you did for Ananbella. Truly sweet" I smile even wider when I remember Anabella.

"Yeah, she is such a special little girl. Reminds me of-" I clear my throat and instead enter class silently.

I walk to my seat in the back and start unpacking my stuff while avoiding eye contact with the teacher.

"Move. I sit here now" the boy next to me immeidately stands up and allows Cole to take a seat next to me "it's good to remember her Em" I nod and take notes as the teacher speaks.

"She was brave and so strong" I nod again and as he is about to start talking again, I stop him "I don't need to talk about it or even be reminded about it Cole. I was there and I know what happened. Leave it now!" I snap at him and he sits back into his seat "sorry"

I take a few deep breaths and after another minute of silence between us, I look over at him with a sigh "look, sorry I snapped, but you have to understand that it was for worse for me to experience than for you"

He nods and I can see that he is deep in thought "Emily" I roll my eyes and give the teacher a straight look "yes ma'am?"

"Does my class bore you?" I take a minute and think about the question before nodding "yes ma'am"

Her mouth falls open "how dare you have such little respect?" I smile extra sweetly at her "oh you know, all the smoking and beating people up, it has a bad influence on me" her eyes then light up with realization and I know that she knows I am talking about what happened with the whole article thing.

Her mouth falls open and she takes a deep breath "if you had bothered to hear me explain, you would feel differently"

I snort at her words "please, had you not hesitated in the first place, I would have listened and known you meant every word."

I then grab my bag and leave my pen and paper on the desk before marching out of the door and out into the hallway.

I grab my granola bar from my bag and open it while on my way. When I reach the lockers of my victims, I put the half eaten bar in my mouth and reach into my bag again.

I grab the can of black spray paint out of my bag and smirk.

I count their lockers one for one, Mike, Parker, Jake, Carla and Miranda. All their lockers in one row next to each other.

I take another bite of my bar and shake the can of black spray paint before I walk up to the white lockers and in bold letters over all of them I write

I know you did it bitches.

I smile in satisfaction and put the top back on the can before putting it away. I know they are the 'insider' the tabloids speak about.

Otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation with my teacher.

"Emily Matthews to the principle office" I roll my eyes and finish my granola bar before throwing the paper into Mike's locker through the tiny letter holes.

"The fact that you have spray paint in your backpack as a standard makes me scared" I turn and see Cole leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What is up with you today?" I shake my head "nothing" he shakes his head and I give him a glare before turning around and walking away.

"Don't turn and just walk away! You know I deserve more than that! Especially after you left me with crying friends because of your little pathetic stunt!"

Slap!

He puts a hand to his cheek which has my hand print forming on it "don't ever speak to me life that ever FUCKING AGAIN!!" I glare and clench my fists.

"The words that I wish to utter unto thee are words that lie deep within. Words with meaning so pure from within they make me scared to see how thee will be" he raises an eyebrow at me and I sigh.

When I get REALLY angry and have to contain it, I go into pure english mode and say things that I wish normal Emily could.

This for example is the fact that I want to tell him I like him but am too scared.

"I live in a world that is different to yours Cole, my world scares me. It makes my mind go haywire"

I then look at him calmed from my rage "I have problems, personal problems and I can't deal with them easily. I wish it could be different but it isn't. I have to be different at school, I can't change the way they see me or they might just see the problems I bare with me. I can't let them ruin me even more"

Slowly he walks up to me and looks me deep in the eyes "I thought that we could tell each other everything! I know we can! You are just to scared, but guess what Emily, you are not the only one with problems you know. We have best friends in life for a reason" and then he walks past me and all the way out of my sight.

Best friends are valuable and they are irreplaceable.

This is dedicated to my best friend ObsessionQueen166

Love you dude.

Love,

B