Chapter 15

"Can we . . . We keep. Keep each other company oh company" I sing along to Justin Bieber as I watch all the trees pass us by.

"There is nothing more that I would like, than for us to just go shopping and then bowling" I smile when I hear a sigh come from my mom "have you met you when you play bowling?"

"Yes, I am amazing at it" my mom shakes her head "quite the opposite. You stink and blame it on everyone else" dad is extra dramatic as he puts a hand over his heart "you wound me Ley, you really do"

Mom then gives him a blank look "boo hoo. Look how I can't control how bad that makes me feel" and then I burst out laughing.

"Oh you think this is funny?" I nod at dad and he is about to say something when the driver speaks up and tell us that we are at the mall.

"Right" dad reaches into his bag and puts on sunglasses and a rasta wig making me start laughing uncontrollably "what is that?!"

He smirks at mom "my disguize duh" she shakes her head "no, you can show your fans a little love for once" dad starts to sulk as he takes off his things "but I am irresistable, you know they won't leave me alone." Mom rolls her eyes as she gets out of the car.

"Okay" I also get out and walk in between them while dad slings his arm over my shoulder "so will it be pizza, chinese or Mc Donalds?"

"Pizza" he smiles and nods while we all start walking to the food court, only about ten steps into walking we hear a bunch of screams "told you I am irresistable." Mom rolls her eyes and we all turn around and brace for impact.

"Okay, pictures and autographs for five minutes" all the girls scream and dad starts to take selfies with everyone.

I sign a few autograohs and take selfies with lots of people. Mom does the same and I realize that even though this is odd for me, they enjoy it.

So I carry on with it, however, when dad finally ends it, I am more than thankful and basically run to the pizza shop.

I am roaringly hungry.

Mom and dad soon catch up and we order one pizza to share. Dad waits for it while mom and I get us a table to sit and eat by.

"So tell me about school" mom gives me a knowing look and I clear my throat "well, I got an A on my calculus test and another A in science the other day"

She smiles proudly "and?"

"I came first in the 500m track in P.E." I enjoy running at times.

"And?"

"I stood up for someone being bullied" she raises an eyebrow "what do you know mom?"

Dad joins us at that moment, but mom doesn't care and carries on speaking "the principle called and said that you have been playing pranks again"

Dad smiles and gives me a high five before mom crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow at the both of us "I swear you are a teenager just like your daughter" dad shrugs "sorry honey, but you know that we did worse than just spray painting lockers"

I start getting curious when mom clears her throat and tries to change the subject "do tell"

Mom ignores my statement "walking out of class is unaccpetable Em-" dad then cuts her off and puts down his piece of pizza.

"Your mom thought that I went around and told everyone that she was a lesbian, then one day out of nowhere, I open my locker and get hit in the face with black paint." I let out a small laugh and dad continues "she also started some rumour about me, so I got her back and put pictures of her sleeping while looking like a troll all over the school"

Mom glares at him "and so it went on, day by day we would just prank each other the whole time and get into trouble."

"But didn't you say you liked her?" Dad nods "I was in love with her, but when she started with the pranks and accusations, I gained a type of hate towards her."

"Really?" I look over at mom and she nods in agreement to dad's words "same here. Hearing the guy you like says things like that, changes your opinion" I roll my eyes "only you two wouldn't actually ask each other out about it"

Dad smirks at me and takes another bite of his slice of pizza "damn straight, but it all worked out when I was a hard headed asshole in senior year. Besides if it wasn't for that then you wouldn't be here right now my dear Emily"

I giggle and take another bite of my pizza "besides, your mother couldn't resist me" I laugh when mom throws down her pizza in shock to his words "shh no need to confirm it to the child love, just eat your pizza so that we can go play lazer tag"

Mom rolls her eyes and we all finish our pizza before we start walking around the mall and do some shopping.

However, dad has disappeared. Mom and I are in a clothing store and when we turned around a few minutes ago, dad was just gone.

"So, are you doing better honey?" I give mom a confused look and she explains almost immediately "I know you have been missing Anna more than anything" I gulp and nod sadly "I didn't think the wound would still feel so fresh"

Mom moves over and gives me a tight hug "I know honey, but you can always come and speak to me and your father. Anytime of any day" I nod and thank her before pulling away from the hug and suddenly my eyes are covered from behind.

"Guess who" a deep voice announces and I immediately know who and reply "Cole?" I hear a chuckle and my eyes are uncovered.

Immediately, I see Michaela hugging my mom and then I turn around and hug my best friend hello.