Chapter 22

School.

School gives me all kinds of emotions. I am good at school, really good, but the people make me angry and the teachers make me feel unsafe.

Especially today, I feel naked without my necklace and I feel that every person who passes me sees right through me.

So I keep my head down and walk quietly to each and every class. I don't feel like trouble today and I am not in the mood for people.

I just want this to end so that I can leave. The amount of people that stare at you with an opinion from what they read is impecable.

Pure stupidity.

They believe what they read and hear from others but not from the person themselves and therefore I want nothing to do with them.

Family, family you keep closest. The other people you keep at a small distance because they can destroy you in a few sentences.

The pressure. The pressure to be perfect for my parents, it's unbearable. I couldn't grow up doing my own thing.

I had to be perfect so that the reporters can't destroy my parents or even me. I had to grow up as the dream child in the light.

At home I could be whoever I wanted to be. Over time I got so confused with who I am and who I should be.

The way to act or the way to be. That confused me more than anything. Over time it grew and I got even more confused.

I learnt how to be two different people, but I didn't know when to be which person.

By the time I left the 'pup' group, it was because of this confusion. It was because I knew that I didn't know when to be who.

The fact that I didn't know was all the more reason to not know who I really am, to not know how to act and to fear that I would confuse the others even more than I myself was confused.

At least now I know, I know that I shouldn't care because either way the reporters will try to destroy me always. They will try to get to me and I will not allow it.

I will not allow myself to be confused anymore and I will nit allow for the people around me to suffer this.

To suffer not knowing who you are is something that no one should endure. It messes you up more than you already are messed up.

It is a pity however, that I didn't realize this soon enough. I should never have left, I should have stayed and let them help me.

Instead I didn't.

"Sorry!" Immediately I apologize when I bump into someone only again it is Cole. He turns around and gives me a sorrowfull look while I roll my eyes.

In that moment, my mind plays back to what I was just thinking about and I realize that I should be kinder. I should forgive because that is what this world needs. Forgiveness.

"I forgive you" he gives me a surprised look and stays silent before crossing his arms over his chest "forgive me because you truly believe I won't say it again or forgive me because you have fewlings for me?"

He heard me? He heard what I mumbled. My eyes shoot to the floor and I feel my heartrate start to pick up.

My hands get sweaty and I start to struggle to breath. Instead of saying anything, I turn and start to walk away, but the world starts spinning and I almost fall over in dizziness causing me to hold onto a locker.

"Emily!" I hear Cole call my name in concern and some joy fills me. He does care, I know it.

Then I feel hom catch me and a smile graces my lips "I am so sorry" I nod and he helps me to stand straight again and luckily I feel fine again.

Odd.

"Oh look, it's the whore" my eyes shoot to the source of the vouce and immediately I glare at Mike.

"It's unhealthy to talk about yourself like that Mike" he rolls his eyes and walks closer to us.

"Are you happy now? Went from one guy straight to another. I know that you have always had this nature is you" he is now less than an arm away from me and I clench my fists while he lets out a snort "doesn't surprise me considering the whore your dad was. Pure genetics" and then my arm goes flying.

I punch him right through the face and he stumbles backwards and cups his already bleeding lip.

"You bitch!" I snarl at him and dodge him when he comes towards me. He runs straight into the lockers and only angers himself more making me laugh.

"You are so pathetic" he runs towards me and I kick out my leg getting him on the ground in pain.

I go on to kick him in the face aswell and immediately he passes out.

Weak.

"How many times are we going to have to do this? How many times am I going to beat you up? Leave me alone and stop making a fool of yourself! Or I will tell your father, Andrew, my mom was his first love do you remember? I will tell him what you do to his first love's daughter" I give him one more kick and then I walk off.

Straight to the principles office since I know he will be calling me in. To my happiness, as soon as I get to the secretary's desk, I am called on the intercom.

She gives me an amused look and a nod and then I walk straight into the principle's office.

"Nice to see you again Peter" I pour myself some coffee and sit on the chair with my feet on the desk.

It irritates the shit out of him and I love that. He rolls his eyes and afjusts the position of one of his pens "I understand that you beat Mike up?"

I nod and then he sighs and grabs his pen pad to give me a detention.

Like I am going to go.