Chapter 10

"And so, if your coronary arteries in your heart get blocked you will have a huge problem with the way you breath" I write down my last few notes before the bell rings and immediately pack my bag.

Being the last person in the class to have my bag packed, I take my time to leave, but apparently being the last one also means being stopped by the teacher.

"Are you okay Emily?" I give Miss Craigen a confused look and then nod "yes, why do you ask miss?"

"Well, you seem to be more alone and quiet these days. After what the magazine said about you yesterday and what C-" I cut her off almost immediately "what did they say about me?"

She looks at me for a moment before she finally gives in and lets out a sigh as she opens her desk drawer and takes out a tabloid magazine "they are still going on about you 'changing' apparently"

I take the magazine from her and my mouth falls open. The sassy strike I posed for them is on the cover

Gorgeous Emily Matthews rocks it at the children's hospital gala night. Sadly, insider info tells us that looking gorgeous isn't all she did.

I page open to the space which they indicated and let out a gasp. A picture of me at the bar, a picture of me smoking and a picture of me on stage after we ate while I told them that I would like to pay a visit to the little kids.

I don't even bother reading the article because I know that I will blow up. Instead I swallow the lump forming in my throat and look at her "what did they say?"

She sighs "that someone who smokes and beats people up shouldn't be volunteering to help sick kids. They say it is a bad influence and that some insider told them you don't like or want kids, you only said that you will volunteer so that you can keep a good image they all said that you fooled around with someone at the gala" I feel my heart break.

That is not true! If anything I want my own kids and adopted ones. I love them! Slowly I look at her again after reeling in my emotions "D-do you believe them?" She gives me a pitiful look and stands there with her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"Nevermind" I turn around and walk out immediately while ignoring her calls for me to go back.

She thinks it's true.

It's lunch now and as I walk down the halls and outside, I see how some of the kids want to say something but don't.

Damn good! I will break them.

I storm out the doors and outside of the school. While looking down so that no one can see my tears which are forming, I walk to the last table under a tree and sit down.

I fold my arms infront of my and lean my head onto my arms as I let a sob escape. I am not a bad person.

I love kids and animals and people, but letting them see my true nature will only invite them to destroy me more than they already have.

People think I am different at school just because I can be, but really it is because I am scared they will see through me like in the beginning.

When you let people too close, they will somehow find a way to ruin it all.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I calm myself down to a point where I only have dry tear stains on my cheeks.

I stare at my legs still not looking up. I can't believe that they find so much joy in making others feel bad.

Feel bad from a bunch of lies to.

Funny thing is, they are my mom's employees. Well, shows you just how sick people really are.

I snort and close my eyes for a few seconds and when I open them again, I have made the decision to not let them get satisfaction from what they do.

That is exactly what they want.

Finally, I decide to take a stand and as soon as I sit straight again my eyes widen from what I see infront of me.

Here they all are, sitting around my table and giving me careing looks. Cole on my right, Link next to him. Then it is Sofia, Mila and Lia.

The whole group.

I raise an eyebrow at them and with a smile Cole speaks up "so leather jackets huh?" I smile at him and my eyes move to the others "how?"

They all have smiles on their faces it makes me feel right at home "we saw that you might need a few friends, and well, we have always been your friends. So we came"

I give Cole an unbelievable look and slowly, but surely, a smile spreads across my face "are you guys serious? I thought you didn't accept my apology?" They all nod and then shake their heads "no, we just wanted to know why you left. It's frustrating" Mila speaks up and I nod "yeah sorry about that, but I am still not going to tell you"

They all nod and then Cole grabs an apple and takes a bite before he starts talking "so, why is someone as special as you sitting in tears?"

I shake my head and train my eyes onto the magazine again. Seems like they all notice because Link grabs the book "don't believe what they say Em, they don't know the real you"

He then turns the book and tries to tear it up, only he is too weak. He tries again but it doesn't budge.

He then turns around with red cheeks "I'll just throw it into the trash. Be back now"

When he walks away we all burst out laughing and that is when I realize that leaving them to help myself wasn't the right thing.

It actually made me hurt myself more, but they got me back and this time I am here to stay.