𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔

Chapter 22: All that Matters
11.04.16 - Unedited

-♦-

AUTUMN/ ATHENA POV

IT HAS BEEN THREE days pagkatapos ng pangyayari sa hideout ni Zero. Tatlong araw na simula ng mangyari din ang... ang nangyari. Isang beses lang muli kami nakatapak rin sa Villa Estrada sa dahilang ayaw kaming makita pa ni ma'am Georgina. I can still remember kung paano nya kaming isa-isang pinagbuhatan ng kamay when she saw us, hatred was visible in her eyes that time. If sir Giovanni didn't stop her, she could've do worst.

I know it's not the end yet, I can't feel anything to be glad about after Zero's death. There's another reason for me to be afraid of- it's Lord Zeus. I know for sure he won't let us live like this after our treason, after we turned him down. No, hindi ganun ang pagkakakilala ko sa kanya, I know better than to be comfortable. The silent he is, the more it's dangerous for us, for Quentine and to everyone who failed him.

And here is another one, Damascus Cersei or so called Señor. He's Zero's grandfather so if he heard the news about his death, it will drive him mad and most likely be another reason to do pursuade his game plans that we had no idea of.

This kid, L. He is the best player of this game, he has the upper hand of how to defeat him more than anyone else because in the first place- it has been him that preferably can defeat him. Just the thought that he has lived and grew up with Señor was enough para malaman nya kung paano mapapabagsak ito.

It was too late for me to realize nang biglang may malakas na bumundol mula sa likuran ng minamaneho kong kotse. I was in deep thought that I wasn't able to be aware of my surroundings. Dahil hindi ko agad na control ang manibela, dumirecho ako at sumalpok sa isang poste. My head literally hit harshly on the door's windshield and slammed myself on the steering wheel. Thank god I always wear a seatbelt at hindi lumipad sa unahan.

My eyesight went hazy but my ears can still clearly hear what's around me as well as the screeching sounds of that car who purposely tried to kill me. With my wobbling hand, I search for my phone when I heard a notification sound. Umayos muna ako ng pagkakaupo sa upuan ko bago binasa ang text message.

From: +63995 123 4567

Message: You know clearly not to defy me, Athena.

My hands almost drop the phone after reading the sms. I should've known, he's coming for us. He won't spare us for this betrayal, no he won't ever forgive us. Never will. Forgiveness was never his thing.

With shaky hands and dizziness, I scrolled and scrolled and called Ares. Just a few rings and he answered, "Autumn" he greeted after answering my call.

Napasubsob ako sa manibela dahil sa bigat ng pakiramdam. My car's bumper was now having a little smoke. "H-help me, Alex. H-help..." I know my voice sounded almost a whisper.

"Autumn? Where the hell are you?!" I could hear him from the other line but that's the last thing I heard before my hands drop the phone and everything went blank.

-
THIRD PERSON POV

SUMMER WAS pacing back and forth outside an emergency room, she's biting her ice-cold fingertips from anxiety. Her sister was in that damn room, fighting for her dear life after encountering an accident.