chapter two: pain and betrayal (part one)

Blue's POV

So this is what betrayal feels like, like your life has taken a toll to the grave, like your heart did a double split, like a wind of hate just blew you on the face. Why does it always have to be the one's we love that hurts us the most, my boyfriend of over two years and my best friend since childhood were doing stuffs behind my back and all the they could do was say sorry, "Sorry?" I could remember asking them that question as I caught them kissing in my house. Yes and hell is beautiful, he actually said he had come to visit me ya and I'm a blind, how stupid do they actually think I am to give me such petty excuse. After I did all my necessary drama, I threw Ray out of my house and life, truth be said, his betrayal didn't hurt me half a bit, but Patricia's betrayal made me die a thousand death. I loved Ray but lately we started falling apart and I never had time to notice 'cause I had a lot of priorities that were hanging on my neck. But Patricia, she knew all this but still, she killed our friendship. To me friendship us a million times more important than men, but maybe she didn't feel the same way.

"I can't believe that you two were actually doing this behind my back, what did I ever do to you to deserve this, I took you in when others, including your family deserted you, I was you sister, mother, father, brother, uncle, auntie, I was everything to you, so why did you betray me in such a treacherous way, why Patricia, just tell me why?" I asked my best friend, no Ex best friend,  cause right now she means so little to me.  She hurt me worse than even my frenemies would.

"No Blue, it isn't like that I swear, Ray and I bumped into each other at a club one night, we talked for some time then he dropped me home. After that day, we started meeting coincidentally at various places, then we decided to exchange numbers. We never knew until we fell for each other, I never expected for this to happen at all, and I know I should have told you buy I was scared and selfish, that you might take Ray away from me, Blue I'm really sorry, please forgive me." She said as tears began to fall down her pretty face, and her chocolate brown hair messy on her head, and shaking like she caught a winter fever. I stood from where I relaxed on the wall in my sitting room and began to move close to where she sat on my comfy teal coloured sofa, which is my favorite sofa and color. As I was about to touch Patricia's shoulder to comfort her, I remembered everything her and Ray did to me and I stopped my hand and foot from going close to her or touching her.

"Forgive you?" I laugh at her stupidity and her guts at such a foolish request, as I walk back to my position in the wall. "Forgive you, you say. You really expect me to forgive you for all the betrayal, pain, sorrow and the hate I'm feeling now. And you really expect me to forgive you Pat, humor me." I say as I pick my bag ready to go to work, it is almost 6:00pm and I have to go open the bar, before I get queried and of cause not would I let myself be queried because of this ingrates.

"Blue, please wait, I really need you to forgive me, you are all I have, and I can't take it if you also turn your back to me, please." She says as I was about to turn the door knob open, causing me to turn back to look at her, looking at me with hope in her eyes and laugh out loud, not out of joy but out all the pain and betrayal I am feeling right now and it came out more sarcastic than what I had imagined in my head. Yes, you might say I'm cruel,  hateful,  bla bla bla, I don't really care right now for betrayal and pain can bring out the worse in you and I mean the worse.

"You didn't remember all that when you were smushing and doing all what I don't care to know about now with him, you really didn't think about it then so give me ten thousand reasons why I should think about them now." I say as I turn back to open the door as tears began to fill my eyes, but I would never let it fall not after what they did to me, never.

"Blue, please." she said as she came to hold my hand to stop me from opening the door. What gut, ingrate.

"There is a saying 'it is those you love the most that will always be the one's to hurt you, and it hurts a lot cause of the love, respect and responsibility you put on them' and I must say Patty, you did just that, and you expect forgiveness to come through at easy, please Patty if it was you I'm sure, no certain that you will not even stand here like I am to talk, so please don't preach forgiveness." I say as I turned to open the door.

"Blue. "

"Least I forget I want you out of my house by the time I get back, oh! And there is also another saying, 'that if you see the person that hurt you once again, even though you have forgiven the person, on seeing the person your wounds will open again and it would hurt more than before' that is why Patty I don't want to see you or the Ray, near my house or me ever again and I'm serious,  and don't take what isn't yours, or you and the police will have to settle some score." I say without turning to face her, and after saying all I wanted I left, without looking back.

So this is what pain feels like, like your heart want to beat out of your chest,  like a cold wave of silence just washed over you, like blood rage has covered your eyes, like you've lost your breath, your strength, your will to live, like the next minute could be your last. Pain and betrayal is all I could feel now, is all I keep hearing, why does it have to be them, why? If only they had told me, I would have stepped aside even though I love him, that is how much patty means to me, as they say 'a stranger can never be a sister' now I understand better late than never. I thought as I got out of the door, I just slumped on the nearest wall I could find 'cause my feet have way and the pain I felt in my chest was like I would die any minute. Why is life do cruel? Why does it always have to end with hurt? Why does it have to be them? Why am always a pawn to life? Would I ever be able to trust anyone ever again? Would I ever be able to love again? Would there be someone out there to mend this damaged heart of mine? Is love really for me? This questions I kept asking myself as the tears I was holding all this time began to fall freely like a water from the spring. Trust too much and get hurt, is what has happened to me. After all my tears had dried off, I still sat there thinking of my life, then it donned on me, I checked my watch to see what the time was, and it was 5:20pm, oh no I'm doomed, I have to catch the 5:30 bus, oh why is today such a calamity like this, I thought to myself as I stood from the floor and made my way out of the house straight for the bus station.

When I got to the bus station the bus was already leaving, so I ran after it, "wait for me, hey, wait." I said as I kept running after the bus from behind, as we all know I'm not Flash, and any moment my breath could give way, cause I'm stressed out both physically and emotionally. Luckily for me the bus stopped for me and I got in, nodded my head as an apology to the passengers, then I saw an empty seat by the window and I took it, I was part ting like a dog in heat, all my vitals were hurting, my heart was pounding like it didn't need permission to jump out, so I held my chest, to stop my heart from jumping out. "What a day cheated and running." how wonderful.

Looking out the window of the bus, all I could see was all of today's incident play and replay in my head, I was totally lost in my own world, thinking of how it would be if all this never happened, if I never saw them, if I had stayed at home, if I hadn't called Ray over, and most of all, if I had never brought Patricia into my home. All this instances kept playing in my head and none answered my question. As they say pain and betrayal does open ones eyes, and my eyes are so wide open that they could tear down all take stretching.

After all that has happened and all my thinking, I have made a new motto for my self, 'trust less and laugh more.' that's is the opposite that had happened to me so, this is going to be my new motto, because I would never allow anyone hurt me, ever again, I thought you myself as I heard and felt the bus stop, then I looked outside to see that I was at my destination.

I got down from the bus and made my way to the bar to start a new moment in my life, a moment free of pain and betrayal.