chapter four : brother's keeper (part one)

Blue's POV

After I gave the customer his first order, I was shocked as to how fast he drank TWO bottles of vodka, and I can't even stand half of a bottle of vodka.

"Waitress." I heard someone shout my name while I was serving another customer, and that's actually because I'm the only waitress on this bar and also the assistant head of this bar.

Night love bar is like my second home the employees and my boss are all very dear to me, ever since I arrived at the bar after the incident with Patricia and Ray, they have been so worried about me that they even asked me to go home, but I totally declined, because it is better to sty here and work my butt out than to sit at home depressed and alone over that crazy issue

When I served that customer his first order and he requested for a new heart, I knew at that moment that he was going through something similar to mine.

I was stuck I'm thought for a while, until Jerry, a waiter in the bar called me out of my thoughts.

"Blue, didn't you hear the customer call you, huh?" He asked in anger and concern.

"Hmmm, yes but I was just.......thinking."

"Okay, but please end your thoughts and go take his order, before Ian finds out." He said as he went to take another order.
Ian is my boss and close friend, we have known each other since high school.

When I lost my dad my mum did everything to make sure we had all our need supplied to us without hesitation, but when the factory she worked in got burnt down, she was unable to get another job cause she was older than the age requirement for most of the jobs, and at that moment I was just in my final year of high school, so after graduation from high school I had to work to feed my family, school, study, and house myself.

I moved away from home to come to New York in search of a better life for I and my family, it was during my search for a job that I met Ian, he offered me a job at his bar but I declined at first because I never believed I was to serve as a waitress not to talk of being a waitress at a bar, but after I heard of my mom's illness and the dire need of money at home, I decided to take on the job because borrowing it from Ian didn't feel right to me.

Although Ian won't complain if I was just standing and thinking instead of working, but he would be extremely worried and I don't want that.

It was him who wanted me to go home and rest, he was so furious with me and himself, because he warned me of Ray and he never approved of my friendship with Patricia but I never listened, if I had maybe just maybe I wouldn't be in this situation.

"Yes sir?" I said as I got to the customers table.

"I would like another two bottles of vodka, please."

What, another two bottles, he just finished two bottles an now......what could have happened to him that was so bad.

"But sir you just finished two bottles." I asked feeling really concerned now about his physical and mental health.

"Just get it for me, NOW." He said really angry now and I was more concerned now.

"Jerry, I would like two bottles of vodka." I said as I got to the bar stand.

"But you don't drink sweetheart." He says teasingly, and he knows how much I hate it when he calls me that.