Chapter Twenty Five: Guilt Is A Menace

Devin's P.O.V

It was finally the day of my engagement party with my precious Flower, but I still couldn't get the memories of the last three days out of my head.

From the restaurant  where she signed the contract, sealing her fate to mine, to today, it still amazed me how the days went by, with all the drama, plotting and as usual the fights.

On the day we went to the restaurant to sign the contract I was shocked the way that waitress deliberately snubbed Blue, I was amazed that she did not even complain, well if it were Adrienne she would have thrown a fit and had the girl fired, but Blue just sat there calmly and acted like if she wasn't bothered and even scolded me for being rude to the girl. I thought she would scold and have the girl fired but she took it all calmly until I just couldn't take the insult thrown at her anymore. She is my wife, well eventhough we haven't reached the altar yet, I see her as MINE, only me has the right to treat her however I want, no one has the right to interfere between us.

That waitress whatever she called herself, was so lucky I was in a good mood, cause I was about to do something that would have me Blue for a really long time, and not just a year, if not, this job will be her last for many years to come.

After persuading and threatening Blue, she finally signed the damned contract, now I can officially see her as mine, and even her stubbornness could not and will never save her from me.

Still, I couldn't phantom what devil got into her head to make her stand in the middle of the road, counting sheep's? What the hell was wrong with her?

When I saw her standing there, right in the middle of the parking lot of the restaurant lost in thought, I almost lost my mind. I couldn't believe I was so close to loosing her before even having her, all because of her stupidity and foolishness.

Luckily for that stupid driver, there was no plate number on the car, if not I would make sure that person never sees another sun, and I mean it, no one and I mean no one, hurts my Flower and gets away with it, no one except me.

But when she hugged me so tightly, after knowing it was me, had my heart racing and contented at the same time. It felt really good to have her hold me but I wouldn't let her know that, I wouldn't let her know that I have a soft spot for her, or it would make her believe she can escape me, well even if we both know she can't, which is why I roughly pulled her up and left her standing there stunned.

The drive to the jewelry store was eerily quiet and I didn't know what to say to her, I just don't know if she was going to say anything to me because she didn't want to talk to me, as I expected her not to, she is just as stubborn as hell, she actually indirectly insulted me, and I couldn't take it, she is always feisty like a wild cat.

And hell when we got to the jewelry store, she kept looking around like she felt out of place, and I knew she did and when she tried to make us leave, I didn't let her cause I wanted her to get used to this type of life as she would live it for the rest of her life, I knew she was really uncomfortable with the way they were attending to us but I would make sure she gets used to all of this because this will be her life from now on and forever.

I couldn't help smiling internally at the fact that she couldn't select anything for herself without my help of course, and I am so going to enjoy doing that all our lives.

Ohh and I felt so great on the inside when I wore her the ring, It felt like she had finally become mine, my woman my wife-to-be, ohh hell I knew she wouldn't make it easy for me, but I would make sure she submits herself to me.

But seriously, how could it just take her a few seconds to select a ring for me, was that a way to tell that she didn't give a damn about me, but my heart was pacified when the rings we chose ended up being a couple set, as I kept saying, this is DESTINY.