six

kennadi said her goodbyes with adrian after he treated her to dinner for helping him get an eighty on his test. when she was safely inside her car, she noticed the missed call from jack. she frowned not realizing she missed it. she called back, pressing the phone to her ear. 

"hey." jack answered breathy. 

"hey. hope i didn't wake you." kennadi said as she started to back out the burger restaurant's parking lot. 

"no." she heard him exhale. "just a smoke session with the boys."

kennadi rolled her eyes slightly. "let me guess, nate's there?"

"wassgood!" she heard nate yell from the background. kenandi rolled her eyes fully this time. 

"sorry i missed your call earlier i was-"

"out with adrian." jack answered for her. "i know."

kennadi furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "how?-"

"sammy saw you guys." jack answered bluntly. 

"oh. well then i guess you know." kennadi softly chuckled. 

"why were with him? alone, i mean. doesn't he have a twin sister? alexa, alexia.. something like that?" jack rambled, something he tended to do whenever he was drunk or high. 

"alexa." kennadi corrected. "and i don't think he asked her to come along with us."

jack scoffed, "so he basically asked you out on a date?"

kennadi sighed, keeping her focus on the road. "no jack, it was a date. it was simply a nice gesture of him thanking me for helping him on a test."

jack scoffed again, mumbling, "whatever."

"jack gilinsky, are you jealous?" kennadi asked with a slight smirk as she joked. 

"if you wanted to make me jealous you could do it with someone half as good looking as me. adrian don't cut it, baby girl." jack smirked as he spoke into the phone. 

"woah there, couldn't hear you over your huge ass ego jack." kennadi said in disbelief mixed with annoyance.

"yeah whatever, my phone's dying. i'll call you later." jack spat before abruptly ending the phone call. 

kennadi gasped as the call disappeared from he phone. she tossed it to the side in frustration. "dick." she mumbled. 

the ''new'' jack from high school was slowly seeping through her old jack and kennadi would be damned if she'd ever let that happen again.