ten

"hey," jack said entering his room to see kennadi on his bed with his laptop and her notes sprawled out. "what are you doing?"

"i have an two thousand word essay for environmental science due soon." she replied not taking her eyes off his laptop.

"oh," he nodded. "well um, madison left."

"is he past her curfew?" kennadi snorted.

"kennadi." jack scolded with a sigh.

"what?" she shrugged. "she literally asked me if i was still in high school, like we're best friends or something."

"she was just trying to be nice. you don't even know her."

kennadi finally looked up from his laptop. she scoffed, "you don't even know her, jack! why are you so keen on defending her?"

jack shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pocket. "i don't know, i just see her as a little sister."

"a little sister you wanna fuck!" a voice yelled that belonged to no one other than sammy from outside the door.

kennadi watched as jack shut his eyes. she scoffed, going back to typing at his laptop.

"baby..." jack dragged out. "please don't listen to sammy."

"i never do." kennadi shrugged.

"exactly, so i don't see why-"

kennadi held up her finger making her boyfriend instantly shut up. "gilinsky, i'm not in the mood to even talk about this. i need to finish this paper then you can bother me."

jack realized he was defeated and there was no point in even arguing with kennadi, because she would win and she was petty. he was about to walk out when he noticed kennadi's phone flash. again. and again. and again. he furrowed his eyebrows, looking up at kennadi who didn't even notice. he snatched her phone.

"who the fuck is derek?" he asked, seeing all the texts from him.

"why are you on my phone?" kennadi scoffed, looking up from the laptop.

"who the fuck is derek?" jack repeated more aggressively. "and why the fuck is blowing up your phone with pictures?"

"well if you'd let me see my phone, i'd know why." jack tossed the phone towards kennadi. he crossed his arms over his chest as he waited for her to talk.

"oh." was all she said when she opened the several messages.

"oh what?" jack barked. "who the fuck is that guy?"

"i model with him jack, chill." kennadi flashed her screen towards him. "he was sending me pictures of the new clothing they have in and he was asking me if i liked them."

jack's jaw clenched as the messages did indeed include photos of shirts and hoodies. kennadi brought her back, sending derek her reply.

"what about adrian huh?"

"what?" kennadi looked up again, not understanding what was wrong with her boyfriend.

"you heard me." he spoke. "what about you and adrian?"

kennadi scoffed, shaking her head. "i can't believe this right now." she grabbed her backpack, stuffing her notes and papers in. she jumped up, pushing past jack as she walked out.

"where are you going?" jack barked, following her out.

the guys all perked up from what they were doing once hearing the couple yell. they watched as kennadi stomped in front of them, gilinsky on her trail.

"i asked you a question!" he yelled.

"okay and?" kennadi stopped to face jack. "you don't own me."

"you're mine." jack barked at her once again.

usually a line like that would make kennadi melt, but she was too heated from his behavior.

"so get over your fucking insecurities!" she exclaimed.

"oh, i'm insecure?" jack laughed sarcastically. "you're the one jealous of a high schooler! which is so typical of you."

kennadi's eyes widened. sammy, nate, and johnson all became entertained, watching the couple argue right in front of them.

"what's that supposed to mean?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"all during you high school you were jealous. jealous of stella and briana." he shrugged. "and you're jealous again."

"um, who's the one that decided to be an asshole towards me most of senior year? who's the one who texted a boy off my phone saying that i didn't want to be with him, and then blocked him. oh, then you called him ugly! who's fucking insecure now, jack? grow the fuck up." kennadi spat, storming out the door.

the boys that remained in the house stayed quiet. no one knew what to say. jack's jaw clenched in anger and frustration.

"damn," sammy said finally breaking the silence, looking at gilinsky. "on that ass."