eleven

jack and kennadi made up obviously, but this time it was different. there were no sincere apologies, it more of a "yeah, whatever let's just forget it" type of thing. deep down they were both still angry with each other.

"he's with that madison girl right now." kennadi scoffed, complaining to alexa. she watched johnson's snapchat story showing all of them in the studio.

"at least johnson's with them." alexa shrugged.

kennadi shook her head, "johnson's kinda been in his own world ever since alyssa stopped taking his calls."

"oh." alexa said. "i still don't understand why she did that to him. johnson's kinda cute."

kennadi's eyes grew wide, "you think j is cute?"

alexa shrugged, "yeah. he's cute i guess."

"ohmygosh!" kennadi squealed, clapping her hands together. "i have to get you two together!"

"what?" alexa furrowed her eyebrows. "no!"

"what? why not?" her smiled faltered.

alexa shrugged, pulling on the sleeve of her sweater. "i... i don't know."

"oh come on," kennadi rolled her eyes. "johnson's sweet!"

she sighed, giving in. "fine." kennadi squealed. "just don't force it."

next to her, her phone signaled a new message from someone.

"it's jack." kennadi said once she picked up her phone.

"your jack?" alexa asked and kennadi nodded. "what he say?"

"can you meet me on the hill we used to go to before we graduated?" she read aloud. "jack and i used to hang out on top of this hill when we were kids. the last time i was there, jack was leaving for camp that summer."

"what do you think he wants?"

kennadi shrugged. "who knows." she sighed and gathered her stuff. "i'll call you later." she said goodbye to alexa.

-

kennadi trudged up the hill in her heels which was a bad idea and she really started to regret after the fifth step.

gilinsky stood there on his phone while he waited for his girlfriend. he heard grass crunching and he looked in the direction. he saw kennadi almost to the top.

"hey." he greeted when she was finally in front of him.

"hey." she replied.

there was still a little hostility, they could both feel it.

"haven't been here in forever huh?" jack chuckled and shoved his hands in his pockets, looking around the scenery.

"yeah." kennadi nodded. "this was the last place i saw my true best friend... yanno before he became a dick to me."

jack slightly frowned and looked down. kennadi crossed her arms over her chest, looking in the distance.

"so why am i here?" kennadi asked after a few moments of silence.

jack sighed, looking his girlfriend in the eyes. "look, i've been a little bit of a dick lately-"

kennadi snorted, "yeah no kidding."

he ignored her and continued, "you know i loved you and i always have so," he reached in his pocket causing kennadi to furrow his eyebrows. he pulled out a black velvet box and dropped to his knee. kennadi quickly put her hands on top of her mouth, her eyes widening. "kennadi, relax, i'm not proposing." he laughed and she let out a tiny sigh of relief. "but this," he opened the box. "is a promise that i will someday get married to you. after we build careers and make names for ourselves, i will actually ask you to be my wife. but until then, this while hold the place. no one will ever replace you."

kennadi felt tears prick at her eyes and she had to carefully stop them so she didn't ruin her makeup. "is this something i say yes to?" she giggled.

"i guess so." jack shrugged sharing the laugh.

"then yes."

jack stood up with a grin as he slipped the promise ring around kennadi's finger. he pressed his lips against hers, the two sharing a sweet kiss.

"i love you jack gilinsky."

"i will always love you kennadi williams."