twelve

christmas was around the corner and every year, kennadi and her mom hosted a christmas party for family and friends.

it was usually just jack and kennadi, but over the two years, their circle grew.

the gang sat around outside by a fire that adrian and sammy put together, while the rest of the adults stayed in. lawn chairs were placed all around and they sat and talked while others were up doing whatever.

"hey johnson," kennadi waved over the boy from his lawn chair.

"what's up?" he acknowledged her.

"you see my friend alexa over there?" kennadi discreetly pointed towards her, whispering to johnson.

"yeah," johnson chuckled. "what about her?"

"do you think she's cute?" kennadi probed, wiggling her eyebrows.

"kennadi, what are you getting at?" he shook his head with another chuckle.

"welllll," kennadi started. "i was talking to her a while back and she did mention that she thought you were cute so i figured-"

johnson waved his hand to stop her. "thanks but no thanks, ken. last time i was with one of your friends, she ended up leaving the state and never answered my calls." he chuckled but they knew that he wasn't joking.

kennadi frowned, "alexa's not like that."

"yeah, i didn't think alyssa was either."

kennadi thinned her lips. she let out a sigh. "just talk to her, j. and if you don't hit it off, i won't bother you."

johnson nodded, walking away. kennadi huffed, filling her red cup with more vodka.

"slow down there babe." jack snaked his hand around her. "i don't feel like taking care of drunk you." he laughed.

kennadi rolled her eyes, "shut up, this is my first cup."

he smiled and held her closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. "that ring looks good on you."

"i know it does." she teased jack who ended up kissing all over her, causing her to giggle.

"wait, look." he stopped and looked up making her do the same. they saw johnson actually talking to alexa- and they were laughing.

"that's my boy!" gilinsky cheered.

"merry christmas ho ho ho's!" everyone looked up to see a tipsy nate arrive with a girl on his arm.

"you're late." kennadi narrowed her eyes, glancing at the girl with him as well.

"i'm always late to the party." he winked and walked past kennadi and jack to meet the rest of the gang.

"remind me why i invited him." kennadi huffed under her breath.

"shut up, there was a time when you fucked with him. a long time actually." he pointed out.

"yeah, because my future boyfriend," she poked his chest. "was a huge dick to me."

he grabbed her hands, "now i'm your current boyfriend with a huge dick." he smirked.