fourteen

"have fun with madison?" johnson asked gilinsky a while after he arrived home, a little past nine but two hours after kennadi had left. 

"yeah, it was a chill night." jack nodded. 

"where'd you guys go?" johnson question, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"i took her to see the zoo lights, i've been wanting to go for a while, so i figured why not take her." jack shrugged, taking a sip of the water bottle he just retrieved from the fridge.

"so have you talked to kennadi today?"

jack furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. his eyes widened and he choked on the water, taking the bottle away from his lips. "oh, shit! i was supposed to take kennadi to see the zoo lights!"

"yeah, i know. she came by earlier. she was pretty pissed." the blonde jack informed him. 

"fuuuuck!" jack groaned, quickly taking out his phone, calling kennadi back. 

"yes jack?" she answered after a few rings. 

"baby, i am so sorry. madison needed help with a few things-"

"cut the shit gilinsky, i know you took her to the zoo lights. it's on your snapchat, dumbass." kennadi spat. 

jack sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "ken, i am so sorry. what can i do to make it up to you?"

"nothing," kennadi rolled her eyes even though jack couldnt see her. "i'm over it."

"are you sure?" jack asked. 

"yes, jack. i'm fine." she lied. "i'm gonna go. i'll call you tomorrow."

"okay, love you." he said but she already had hung up. 

"so?" johnson raised his eyebrow, wanting to know how the call went because it seemed a little too calm for it to be with kennadi. 

jack shrugged, "she was cool with it. she's not mad."

"and you believe that?" johnson gave his friend a look. he hadn't known kennadi as long as jack had, but just like any other girl, this is not something they're just "cool with".

"yeah. my girlfriend said she's fine, so she's fine."

"okay..." johnson trailed off, raising his hands in defense. "whatever you say man."

-

but things were not fine. kennadi remained angry at jack but she kept it underneath. it bothered her every time madison was around them. it got to the point where jack actually started inviting her on their dates. 

"i'm so fucking sick of it!" kennadi ranted to alexa and adrian who just so happened to be on the couch with them. kennadi paced back and forth in front of them angrily. "oh mads wanted to tag along, i invited mads hope that's cool, she was home alone and i told her she could join." kennadi listed jack's excuses. "he even has a fucking nickname for her!" 

"dump him and date me." adrian suggested.

 alexa scoffed, hitting her brother. "adrian, shut up."

"what? i'd treat kennadi then that fool jack ever could." he shrugged nonchalantly. 

"standing right here." kennadi playfully rolled her eyes. "but i'm literally getting sick of it. they finished recording that song of theirs long time ago, so what's up with always hanging out?" 

alexa frowned, "i wish i knew how to help." 

kennadi sighed and shook her head. "no it's okay. i just needed to rant for a bit... speak of the devil." she said, pulling out her phone. "jack's having a little mini concert for a few fans tonight, you wanna come?"