seven

baby, i'm sure about last night. i was a little out of it 

read jacks's texts to kennadi that he sent in the next morning. kennadi ignored the text, throwing her phone in her bag as she walked into class. she sat down in her seat, taking her her notebook to take notes. she looked up ahead and saw the girl sitting in front of her, looking back at her. delany might have been her name, kennadi wasn't sure.

"can i help you?" kennadi asked the girl who continued to stare at her. 

"sorry." she apologized with a smile. "it's just that you're really pretty."

kennadi's attitude washed away and was replaced with a smile. "oh. thank you."

"i know this is a little weird, but how do you feel about modeling?" she asked. 

"oh, uh-"

"you see, my brother, derek, and i have this clothing company called i am plenty... here let me show you." she pulled out her phone and handed it towards kennadi. "that's our website."  she explained as kennadi scrolled through the website. 

"you do have cute clothes." kennadi admitted with a nod. "seems legit, i'll do it."

delany squealed, clapping her hands together. "really?! oh my gosh. my brother's gonna be so excited!" kennadi giggled as she plugged her number into delany's phone. "plus, i feel like he's really gonna like you." delany winked.

kenandi chuckled as she handed her back her phone. "sorry but i have a boyfriend."

"should've known," delany frowned. "you're hot."

-

kennadi skipped up towards jack's door all giddy from class before. she never thought about modeling before and the fact that delany thought she'd be good enough got her excited. she walked straight through the door, thanks to her key. 

she walked in seeing johnson and sammy chilling, playing 2k. 

"kennadi!" he jumped, giving her a big hug. "i haven't seen you in forever, ma."

"yeah except last night when you ratted me out to my boyfriend." kennadi rolled her eyes. 

"bro code, kennadi." he pulled away with a shrug. kennadi rolled her eyes again. 

"jack's in his room." johnson said towards kenned without lifting his head from the game. 

kennadi frowned. she knew this was because of alyssa. kennadi talked to alyssa briefly about johnson. alyssa was scared to take his calls and she was always with her boyfriend. 

"thanks." she muttered and skipped over the trash on the floor from the boys, making her way to jack's room. 

she opened the door slowly and heard light snores. she smiled at the sight of shirtless boyfriend, sleeping. she took off her shoes quietly as she snuck into jack's bed. she climbed up and straddled his lap. jack's eyes quickly shot open; his panic vanished when he noticed it was kennadi. 

"hey baby." the huskiness in his voice made kennadi smirk. 

"hey jack." 

he rubbed his eyes, "is there a reason you're on my dick?"

"do you not-" kennadi raised her eyebrow. 

"no!" jack grabbed onto her waist. "no, no, you can stay babe."

"mhm," kennadi rested her hands on his shoulders. "that's what i thought." she said, leaning down to kiss jack's lips. 

-

alyssa watched as johnson's name disappeared off her phone for the millionth time. she sighed, seeing him leave yet another voicemail. she did miss johnson but she moved on her with life. jack was still holding onto high school memories while alyssa moved on with them. she had goals for her life and she felt like jack didn't. 

alyssa was nothing like kennadi. she didn't want to give up her life to stay near her boyfriend while he chased something that could be  waste of time. 

alyssa knew she could handled things better instead of ignoring johnson, but she didn't know what else to do. she did indeed care for him, deeply. high school was fun and she cherished the memories she made with the gang, but it was time to face life. life couldn't stay there, it had to go on. 

"why do you keep staring at your phone?" drew, alyssa's boyfriend, laughed and took the phone out of his girlfriend's hands. "is there someone i should be worried about?" he teased with a raised eyebrow. 

alyssa let out a half hearted chuckle, shaking her head. "never." she smiled, leaning in to peck his lips.  "absolutely no one."

----------------------------------------------

^ dis drew :)

^ dis drew :)