New Faces

My hands grasp my black leather jacket and my feet take me to the door that I slam behind myself, avoiding my parents, not wanting to put up with their shit this morning. They say, 'it's your bike so you have to get it fixed', even though they're the reason it broke. My dad didn't shift gears properly, so he stalled it too many times and now it's fucked up.

So I put my jacket on and walk to the bus stop with an apple in between my teeth. Dropping my book-bag down, and sitting down on the curb beside it, I jammed my earbuds in my ears to block out the stupidity of my fellow classmates. One thing I hate about school is the kids. I may be a straight A student, but I hate every student at that school and most of the teachers. Almost all of the people in my school are egotistical assholes.

The bus rounds the corner at full speed, due to our driver always pushing the clock and making us late, not that I care though.

The bus abruptly stops in front of our stop and the doors swing open. I've learned over the years to just stay back a couple feet, because the doors will hit you if he pulls up too close which happens more often than not. It didn't hit me, but it hit one of the lacrosse players and I lost it to the point where I was crying laughing due to him then being drenched in his preppy drink. That was freshman year though. I made sure to get the motorcycle I had been saving up for after the bullshit I dealt with on the bus, but look at me now. Going back to riding the bus.

I nod at the bus driver with a slight smile as I walk to the back of the bus, claiming my own seat. My book-bag slid off of my shoulder and to my feet, I bent my knees so I could put both of my feet on my book-bag before wrapping my arms around my legs as my eyes look out the window with my music still playing in my ears. I usually keep it on low on the bus so I don't miss out of anything, especially since kids think they can make fun of me while I'm not listening.

In about five minutes we reach the next stop. Nearly hitting my head on the seat in front of me, due to the bus drivers 'excellent' driving skills. I close my eyes and lean my head back against my seat, but only to be awoken by a girl throwing her stuff down in the isle plopping right beside me, slightly startling me in the process.

She had blonde hair, bright blonde, not dirty like mine. Blue eyes, but more bold then mine. Much shorter than me. But my eyes wandered to her shoulder that had a huge bruise on it. Her face nearly screamed pain, yet she kept it in. I looked back out the window in attempt to ignore the fact that the absolute most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life this far is sharing the same seat as me. I'm not a very emotional person, so I don't want to mess up by saying something bad/stupid because knowing me I'd do some shit like it. Not like there is anything to mess up though.

I shift slightly to see a boy messing with her. The thing is, they look a lot alike. My hands yank my earbuds out and my legs stand me up into an intimidating stature.

"Oh, it lives." The asshole teases.

"Jake, leave her alone, she didn't do anything to you." The girl spoke in a submissive stutter.

"No, but I'm about to if you don't stop messing with her." I said nearly growling.

"Oh calm down, I'm her brother." He shrugs.

"That doesn't justify that you can hit her." My jaw was now clenched, my fists joined after.

"Calm yourself." He chuckled in an egotistical manner.

I look back at her shoulder then back at him. "Did you do that?" My voice turned into a growl.

"If I did, what would you do about it?" His lips formed into a smirk.

"Kick your ass." I snapped back.

"Ooo, so scared." He mocked and rolled his eyes.

I saw him shake his head before hitting her again. I think the hell not.

Jumping over the seat, I threw a punch and it landed on his temple. He fell to the floor while holding his head in his hands and his friends stood up in response, but quickly fell back down when the bus suddenly stopped to pick up another kid. I on the other hand, had my left hand holding the seat in front of me securely.

"You bitch!" He yelled as he held his face.

"I told you to stop and you didn't, so I hit you." I shrugged as I glanced back to see his friends looking back in forth between him and I.

I saw the girl giggle a little out of the corner of my eye.

"You shut up right now! I'll take care of you when we get home!"

She instantly stopped and looked away.

"The hell you will!" I yelled, making everyone on the bus jump, but the bus driver kept going because he was late.

"What are you gonna do to stop me when I'm home?"

"Break you so much you won't be able to move another inch, so when you get home you won't be able to do shit. That's if they don't take you to the hospital."

"Yeah, okay." He mumbled while gathering himself and sitting back in his seat.

The first bell rings signaling for the first class to begin, so the teacher stands up out of her seat and starts to call roll as the new girl walks in. Luckily our science teacher is kick ass, so she doesn't care if you're late as long as you have good grades and put effort into the class. The beautiful girl sat right next to me again.

"Catie?" Mrs. Ryan called.

"Yes ma'am?" I looked up from my textbook that I was supposed to be reading, but I was doing more thinking than anything.

"Since you are my number one student, would you do me a favor and catch Kate up on the work? Since she's new. You know, answer questions?"

"Yes ma'am, but who is Kate?"

"Look over to your right dumbass." Mrs Ryan said playfully.

I shrugged with a small smile.

I introduced myself nearly stuttering. All she did was sit and smile shyly and nod here and there.

"I know this is a stupid question, but are you okay?" I asked softly.

She nodded.

"It involves him doesn't it?"

"Y-yeah, thanks for this morning..." Her voice trembled.

It was so beautiful, but it was so sad to hear it in that tone of fear and pain.

"Is there anything I can do?" I said with furrowed eyebrows and a quiet voice so no one else would here us.

"Not meaning to seem rude. But why do you care? Nobody cares about me."

"Not anymore, because I do." I said in a softer and brighter tone with a slight smile at the end. I really need to stop smiling. This is not me. What is going on in my head?

"Are you one of those who care about everyone, because if so I don't need your help."

"No I'm not, I usually don't care about people, like at all, but you are different." I smirked, not in a flirtatious way, but as a half smile kinda way.

She blushed. I smirked a little and she just blushed even more.

"S-stop smirking."

"Why?" I asked as my smirk grew bigger.

"Because," she whispered in a stutter.

"Does it bother you?" I asked in a husky tone with a smirk.

"N-no"

I chuckled.

"No it doesn't I'm straight." She stated in a 'matter of a fact' tone.

"Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?"