Accident

POV: Catie

"What if I don't want to do it?" I smirked at Kate who had her hands on her hips and a very annoyed expression on her face.

"You're going to do it." Kate growled.

"But I don't want to look at apartments." I whined. Kate and I decided for us to move out of the house since it's starting to get crowded with the five of us in a rather small house with two bathrooms and three bedrooms.

"You're coming with me and that is final. Your mom is coming as well, so you need to behave." Kate snapped and looked at me over her shoulder, but a smile was present on her face.

I got into the driver's seat and my mom made Kate sit shotgun. Kate tried to sit in the back so my mother could sit up front out of respect, but my mom wasn't going to have it.

"Where is the first one?" I asked as I saw Kate typing something in on her phone.

"Twenty minuets from here. Hit the highway and then take exit three."

I nodded before putting the car into reverse.

—————————————————————

"Off of this exit?" I asked Kate as my right hand held hers.

"Yeah," she nodded, but didn't look up from her phone.

"Eyes on the road Catie." My mom growled and I quickly snapped my gaze back to the road.

I take a glance in my rearview mirror to see the same blue truck that has been following us since we left the neighborhood road. If he follows us off the exit then I'll speak up, but he may just have a similar destination. It's not like he was parked off the road waiting to see my Mom's car or anything. That's exactly what he did, but it's cool.

My left hand started to turn the wheel to merge into the exit lane and I didn't turn on my turn signals to see if that would throw the blue truck off, but he followed seamlessly as if he was going to turn here anyways. At least that's what I'm hoping.

"What the fuck is up with blues clues behind us?" Kate asked.

"What?" My mom took a look over the backseat and the truck started to get closer to the back of the car as we slowed down for the light.

"The blue truck behind us. I don't like it. It's been following us and I know Catie has noticed it because she is glancing up in the mirror every five seconds."

"He may be a college student." I watched my mom shrug in the rearview mirror, but I still didn't like the truck.

"Maybe," Kate said in an unconvinced tone as she eyed the truck once more before focusing her attention back to her phone.

"Am I going right or left?" I asked Kate.

"Right," she didn't look up from her phone.

"Once again, eyes on the road; not your girlfriend." My mom sighed. She's a safe driving kinda person. It was just a glance.

I turned right and watched as the blue truck did too.

"Apparently he is going right as well."

Kate rolled down her window and stuck her head out of it, and gave the blue truck a 'what the fuck' look.

The blue truck flipped her off, so once she was back in her seat I break checked the bastard.

He swerved a little so he could avoid the potential collision.

"Catie!" My mom snapped and I still had my eyes glued onto the blue truck.

He turned on one of the off roads and I let out a sigh of relief before speeding up a little.