Your Love is My Drug

*Two-ish months time hop*

POV: Kate

It's Catie's first game of the season and I have my own seat that is right beside the dugout which was part of Catie's contract. She'd sign if I got a full scholarship as well, and got a seat that only I can have.

"I love you." Catie looked up at me through the fence and I leaned in to kiss her through one of the gaps.

"I love you too. Now go win or I'll be pissy." I teased and she smiled in return.

"I'm a division one catcher, of course I'll win." An egotistical smirk spread across her lips before she trotted behind the plate.

"So you are the special girl she adores." A lady in a polo shirt with the team's emblem on it asked me as she glanced at Catie every now and then to check up on her.

I raised a brow. What exactly did she tell her?

"That girl acts like you are the queen and deserve to be treated like one. If I didn't need her as much as I did, you wouldn't have that seat, but since I need her more than she needs me you have the seat. Don't make me change my mind. So don't distract her or anything of the sorts." I'm assuming this is her head coach, due to how much authority she speaks with.

"I won't distract my girlfriend. She's just highly over protective over me and there isn't much anyone can do about it, so I just stay near her so she doesn't snap and try to get to me." I glared at the coach the whole time. Don't fuck with me when I'm on my period.

"You two are dating?" The coach whispered and her jaw was dropped to the floor.

"Nah, we just fuck a lot and love each other." I rolled my eyes. "Yes we are dating, and no I will not talk to you if you see Catie as different now since you know she's gay. Got it?" I growled.

"I don't see her as different. I just didn't peg her to be gay." The coach spoke with disbelief.

"You pegged Catie Stone as straight?" I started to laugh to the point where I was crying.

"Yes?" She raised a brow.

"That girl is as gay as it gets." I couldn't control my laughter.

"Oh," the coach nodded before walking away.

"Kate!" Catie's mom and dad yelled from behind me.

I turned around and smiled at the sight of them decked out in Catie's team's colors and gear.

"We wouldn't miss Catie's first college game even if it killed us." Her mom kissed the top of my head before snagging the seat beside me and Catie's dad sat beside her mom.

"She's starting in the first game on a division one team as a freshman, and playing in one of the most important positions. If she isn't nervous, I'm nervous for her." I nervously rambled. "It's not that I don't think she can, because I know for a fact that she can, but it's that this game may effect the rest of her season." I took a deep breath after my mini rant.

Catie's mom gave my knee a reassuring squeeze. "She's going to do great and we know it. I mean, she just caught a ball that was five feet above her head as she came out of her squatting position. I think she's okay." She smiled at me before focusing on the game that is about to start.

Catie threw down to second and it was a flawless throw to the shortstop. Damn, my girl is good.

——————————————————————

"If you strike out and let their pitcher continue her no hitter you're sleeping on the couch." I gave her a wink before giving her a quick kiss through the fence.

"Even though everyone else has struck out or gotten out, I'll try. It's zero to zero, and I don't plan on keeping it like that." Catie smiled brightly at me before walking over to the batter's box and twirling her bat once.

She watched the first strike go by, which isn't out of the ordinary. She always watches the first pitch no matter what for some damn reason.

"Alright, you've seen it now kill it." I nodded at her when she looked at me after looking at her coach for the call.

Catie adjusted her elbow guard, swung her bat once, and then stepped back into the box.

The ball came out of the pitcher's hand like a bullet and it drilled Catie in the side. It hit her so hard that I could hear it.

She grunted in pain and sat down for a second.

"Dead ball, batter take your base." Catie gave the umpire a glare. Thanks for stating the obvious.

The trainer started to come out onto the field, but of course Catie waved him away and stood up before trotting down the baseline.

"I'm okay!" She yelled from first base as she handed her elbow guard to the first base coach.

As soon as the ball left the pitcher's hand Catie took off to second base and slid in before the catcher could fire the ball there.

The crowd cheered and Catie shot me a smile and a nod before focusing back on the game.

Apparently the coach was dumb enough to signal for a breaking ball, which gives Catie enough time to get at least three fourths of the way to third base before the catcher could fire it.

She slid under the tag with ease since she did a hook slide.

The crowd cheered again as the catcher visibly became nervous.

Catie's smirk wasn't helping the catcher's situation any. It's humiliating if a catcher can steal against another catcher, especially when it's home plate to score a run.

"Come on Catie! Let's test your wheels!" Her coach yelled from the dugout and Catie nodded just enough for the coach to know she heard her.

The next pitch was right down the middle and the catcher dropped it since she was so nervous. I feel a little bad for her since it's her first game of the season, but then again I don't.

Catie watched the pitcher's every move all the way down to how she held the ball. She told me that she can see what pitch is about to cross the plate if she can see it from the right angle, and as soon as the ball released from the pitcher's grasp she took off and sure enough the ball went above the catcher's head quicker than she could jump up and get it.

The catcher did her best to fire the ball to the pitcher, but by the time she collected the ball Catie was sliding into home plate and put the run on the board.

—————————————————————

"Holy shit Catie. You can see the stitches from the ball." I winced at the sight before I carefully put the ice on the bruise.

"I'm okay." Catie chuckled. "It's not the first time. As a catcher, the seam bruises are usually covering my arms."

"Still though, this looks painful as hell." I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Nah, it just stings at first and then it's just a pain in the ass." She shrugged. "Bed time? I really don't need the ice."

I sighed before nodding my head and following a skipping Catie into our bedroom.

"Cuddles!" Catie cheered and I giggled before sliding under the covers with her, and no sooner did I lay down she pulled me to her chest.

"I love you." Catie smiled into my neck.

"I love you more." I smiled back.

THE END

————————————————————————

A/N: If and when you guys want me to start on the sequel let me know (comment or message me), because I already have ideas running around. Thank you guys for reading.