Please Don't Go

POV: Kate

I can't believe that they are making me sit out in the waiting room. I am not waiting. I am worrying, pacing, and everything in between. I am NOT waiting. My patience is gone. Catie is in surgery and I have to sit out here? With these sick people? If I get sneezed on one more damn time, I'm going to kill someone. Then they really will need to be here.

"Kate, she will be okay." Catie's dad attempted to calm me, but his voice was trembling just as much as my hands are.

Catie's cousin, the baseball boy, let me take the last seat so he sat on the ground, but he soon passed out and leaned back on my shins as I sat in my germ infested seat. I can feel the germs crawling on me.

Mr Solo, our principal who is also Catie's uncle, came running towards us.

"I came as soon as I could. I had to get those assholes sorted out. I wasn't gonna let anyone but me handle that. They're expelled and they're all charged with attempted murder." Mr Solo said in a slur as he looked over all of us. "Why are you here Miss Green? Not meaning to be rude, but why?" He questioned, his principal tone kicking in.

"I'm a close friend of hers and she keeps me safe from my brother, Jake. I've been staying at her house for the past couple nights. She's stood up for me and she's here because she protected me. It's my fault, so I'm here." I had my realization towards the end of my explanation. It's my fault. Oh my god. It's my fault. She nearly died because of me.

"She's very protective over the ones she cares about." Her mom added as she cried.

Why does she care? She picked the wrong person to care about. If I didn't call her that night, or stopped her from standing up for me that morning. She wouldn't be in the operating room.

"Catie Stone's relatives?" A nurse came out with her clipboard. We all nearly bolted over to her.

"Will she be okay?" Her father asked first.

"Yes, but she needs to rest. A lot. No excessive movement. As in, no sports, running, or anything of those sorts. Her shoulder was damaged so no lifting it above her head. She got lucky." The doctor spoke
And answered a few more questions before leading the five of us to her room.

I just stood outside the door while her family hugged her and talked to her, asking about if she is feeling any pain. It's my fault.

Tears begin to stream down my face as I hear them talking to each other. If I never talked to her, she wouldn't be here. It's my fault that she nearly died. My father was right. I am pitiful. I need to go home. She doesn't need me. All I do is hurt people. I shouldn't even be here. This isn't my place to be.

I turn to walk out of the hospital, but apparently it made Catie see me.

"Kate?" Her voice cracked in pain, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut and look away. That pain was because of me.

I start to walk again.

"Catie don't you get out of that damn bed." I could hear her mother warn as I continued to walk with my hands in my pockets and my head down.

"Catie no!" Her father's voice rang through the hospital as I hear wobbled footsteps catching up with me. I walked faster, but stopped dead in my tracks when a hand reached my left shoulder. I slowly turn around. My eyes shut, not wanting to look at her pain. I can't, but my eyes shot open when I felt soft, warm lips on mine... she gripped my hips for support as she deepened the kiss. I melted into it. I swear there is electricity shooting throughout my figure. My hands instinctively wrapped around her neck. She pulled away, looking me in the eyes.