Strength

POV: Kate

It's been two weeks since my brother and his friends attacked my Catie. She saved me from my brother... my father... myself... it was only a matter of time till it started to get to myself even more. We decided not to turn my father in because if we did, I'd end up in foster care, which would mean no Catie, so we made a deal with my father, more so Catie and her dad shoved the 'deal' down his throat. The deal is that we won't turn him in, and in return he is not allowed to be near me in any way, and let me stay at her house with no argument. The conversation started off rough, but once Catie's dad caught his fist mid air that was coming towards my face and he twisted it, my dad quickly complied to the 'agreement'. To say the least, I am very thankful for her dad.

Today is the first day back for the two of us since I just took 'sick days' off and our teachers worked with us and gave us our work online instead of counting us absent. Did I do most of Catie's for her? Yes, but they don't know that.

I let Catie sleep in a little because she needs to desperately, she's still rather weak and needs her strength, so while she was sleeping I got myself ready, then got her an outfit, and turned the shower on for her.

"Catie baby, it's time to wake up." I rubbed her arm gently in attempt to wake the beast that lays before me.

Catie groaned and rolled over.

"Babe, we have school. I already got everything ready for you, the shower is running, I put a towel in the dryer so it will be warm for you when you're done showering. I'm basically spoon feeding you right now. Please just work with me." My voice spoke softly as I sat in the bed beside her. She immediately curled up into me as much as possible.

"Five more minutes." She mumbled, barely awake.

"Catie, I have given you plenty of time to sleep in. Now get up please or I'm gonna put you on probation." I raised my eyebrows at her as she opened her eyes, looking into mine.

"Probation?" She questioned me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"No kissing or any kind of contact other than quick hugs for the rest of the day if you don't get up right now." I crossed my arms as I looked down at her.

"I'm up." She quickly said, which caused me to giggle. She's a toucher. Not in a sexual way. She just doesn't know how to verbally show her feelings for someone, so she does it through holding my hand, hugging me, putting her hand on my knee, or simply sitting so close to me that our shoulders touch. So threatening to take that from her will piss her off.

I stood up and walked to the other side of the bed, where she already had her legs dangling off the side. I kissed her forehead before lacing my arm under hers and she put most of her body weight on me as a crutch. I didn't mind, but she isn't the lightest person in the world. She's practically all muscle, and muscle is heavy.

"Did you seriously do all of that for me?" She looked over at me, a slight smile tugging on her lips.

"Yeah, you're my girlfriend, of course I did." I smiled back at her as we continue our slow steps to the bathroom. She occasionally stumbled a little so I wrapped my right arm around her waist.

"Can you stop making me fall deeper and deeper for you?" She slightly chuckled.

"I don't mean to." I shrugged as we stepped into the bathroom.

"That's what makes me fall even deeper, I didn't know that was possible to fall this deep, but you keep proving me wrong somehow." She smiled at me as I sat her down on the toilet seat lid.

I blushed a little at her words, which earned a chuckle from Catie in response. "Just take your shower you damn flirt." I mumbled before exiting the bathroom, closing the door behind me.