First Day Back

POV: Kate

Catie's getting stronger to the point where her limp is nearly gone. Her mom suggested us to try to go back to school since I'm more stable as well as her. Catie tries to hide the fact that she is a little traumatized from the whole incident, so she can help me even though I see right through the bullshit. She has nightmares every other night, but she won't tell me what they're about because she's stubborn as hell.

My nightmares are getting better. I don't wake up screaming anymore which is improvement from before even though Catie would hold me till I calmed down. She never fails to be there when I need her. Not once.

Anyways, it's our first day back to school and I'm a little nervous since ya know, this is where we got taken from. Catie's mom emailed the principal to tell all of the teacher that they are not to separate us. We are each other's crutch.

Catie is noticeably more unstable when I'm not around and I'm noticeably more panicked when she isn't around. The two crazy kids need each other.

As we walk down the halls the kids either give us sad smiles in attempt to show how sorry they are which obviously isn't a lot, or they will just look away with a pained expression like they don't know what to do.

Once we got to our first and best period, science with Mrs Ryan, Mrs Ryan ran up to us and engulfed us in a hug. Catie and I just kind of looked at each other with the 'what do we do now look' till she let us go about five minutes later. I know she was probably worried sick about us since we're pretty much her kids, Catie and I, since she doesn't have any.

"I didn't sleep for days when you two went missing." Mrs Ryan said as she wiped her tears and Catie hugged her again.

"We're okay. I'm indestructible remember?" Catie said as she hugged Mrs Ryan.

"You're obviously just as egotistical as before." Mrs Ryan laughed a little before nodding to our seats which had a shit ton of food and candy as well as a bunch of cards from people we don't even know more than likely.

"Holy shit balls." I whispered and Catie laughed.

"Babe... there is pizza..." She had her eyes locked onto the box.

"Save at least two for me please." As soon as I said that she bolted to her seat which caused Mrs Ryan to laugh.

In less than five minutes four slices were gone.

"Did you inhale those? What the hell?" I asked as I looked at her in shock with my first piece of pizza still in my hand.

"I love pizza okay?" She said with her mouthful and I wiped the sauce off of her face with a napkin.

"Thank you."

"Don't talk with your mouthful."

She winked at me before continuing to eat the pizza.

I felt my cheeks hear up and she only chuckled in response.

We're sitting in English class and Catie keeps being a pain in the ass. Is she making me laugh? Yes, but I'm trying to focus since ya know, I haven't been here in quite awhile.

"Catie, since you're talking so much you must know the answer. What is wrong with this sentence?" Our teacher snapped at Catie with a smirk on her face. She may not pay attention, but she isn't an idiot like everyone expects.

"A comma slice." Catie snapped back and I laughed.

"I'm sorry, she still has pizza on her mind. She meant comma splice." I giggled as Catie shrugged and the teacher tried to keep her comments to herself.

"She didn't mean that. She got the answer wrong. If you talk out of line again I'll send you to the office." The teacher snapped at me and Catie growled which made all of the students in the room jump.

"One, I did mean that, two, it's our first day back after all of that shit and you want to send us to the damn office for fucking talking? Are you kidding me?" Catie snapped and the teacher cowered backwards a little.

She's done messed up now. She has gotten Catie mad.

"Catie breathe." I whispered to her as I put my hand on her knee.

"Just try to be quieter you two please." The teacher said just above a whisper before continuing her lesson.

"Calm down, Groot." I whispered with a smile, and she rolled her eyes and chuckled in response.

——————————————————————

"How was school?" Catie's mom asked us as we walked in the front door of the house.

"This fuc-" Catie started to respond, but I put my hand over her mouth.

"It was good. A little rough since it was our first day back, but it was good." I responded with a smile and Catie's mom laughed.

"Good," her mom continued to laugh as she walked back into the kitchen.

"What are you making for dinner?" Catie asked in a sigh. She was frustrated with me, but she can't get mad at me.

"We're going out to the diner downtown." Catie's dad yelled from his office and Catie groaned.

"I don't like getting out of the house." She whined like a two year old.

"Babe, we haven't been out of the house that often in the past two to three weeks. I'm sure you can handle going out to dinner." I snapped at Catie, but had a slight smile on my face so she knew I wasn't genuinely pissed at her.

"Fine." She sighed. "When are we going?" She yelled to her mom.

"In three hours, so yes you can take a nap." Her mom shouted back.

Catie literally swept me off my feet and ran up the stairs with me.

"Nap time!" She yelled and I giggled. All this girl does is sleep, yet she has abs and muscles for days. How? I mean really.

"Okay," I continued to giggle as she dramatically opened the door and gently kicked it shut.

"Which means I get to hold you." Catie kissed my forehead before carefully laying me down on the bed and walking over to her closet to change I'm assuming.

She wasn't careful about anything else, but ya know, she's bipolar or some shit. Nah, just weird. "I think you just like to cuddle. I think you're a teddy bear at heart." A smirk spread across my lips as she slowly turned to me.

"I am not a teddy bear." She growled.

"The growling isn't helping your case at all." I couldn't hold my smirk for long because I couldn't help but laugh as she ignored me.

"I can make you be quiet just by doing one thing." Catie turned to me with a smirk spread across her lips.

"Oh really?" I taunted.

"Start talking and I'll prove it." She continued to smirk.

"You really and truly are a teddy bear. I mean really. All you do is cuddle me, and holy shit that's a low blow." I whined when she lifted up her shirt slowly and bit her lip just enough to drive me crazy.

"I told you." She laughed before taking her shirt off completely and jumping in the bed beside me.

"That's cheating."

"No it's not. It's being resourceful."

"Right."