Miscommunication

Happy holidays everybody!!!

It was 7:45 and Gabby barely slept. She rolled out of bed leaving Shad where he lay snoring and went to the bathroom. She took a shower and got ready for work. The entire time she envied Shad as he got to lay in bed sleep not privy to the fact that she was no longer next to him. When she left her room, Aj was coming out of hers as well.

"Morning"

"Mah-ning neigh-bah"

"What time u start?"

Aj walked to the full length mirror in the hallway "9 you?"

"Same"

"Wheres Mia"

"She probably sleep. On the fridge it say she start at noon."

"Shit I shudda switched wit her" Said Gabby as she checked herself out in the mirror.

"Now u kno damn well she wasnt switchin"

" True but its worth the try. you ready?"

"No but lets go"

Gabby chuckled at Ajs remark and held the door open for her. Gabby was noticeably aggravated.

"Gabby what happened yesterday" Aj asked as they got in the car.

"Ajie Idk where to start like yesterday was not how I planned it at all. Let me tell u the shit that really got me hot"

"Go head girl tell me"

Gabby laughed. "You dumb. So last night I go make us a smoothie. I come back he on the phone telling some gyal that a man only makes a move when hes ready not a moment before not a moment after. I wanna know who the hell is he talkin about. Shad got me fucked up Ill beat him and any bitch ass who think they gonna make a fool outta me. Yo I was so mad!"

"So what did he say about it? U spoke to him right?"

"No I walked in the room gave him his smoothie and I left it alone. I wasnt up for arguing again because it was his first day back. So we jus screwed around"

"Shit I know that part. A niggah heard yall from my room."

Gabby blushed. "Sorry girl but yall knew what it was. I established that We were gonna have sex all day. But last night I had to get it out my system cuz I have a feeling its not gonna happen again for a while."

"Damn cuzzo" Aj shook her head.

"Don't worry. Whoever he was talking to can have him. But my pride might make me beat both of they assess. I hate that disrespect shit Aj."

"I feel you but what u mean arguing again?"

"We argued about me going to the army...Not so much arguing he got mad so I left. Don't ask me how or why but I ended up going to his dad house" Aj looked her in shock. "Yes girl and the new chick his pops married was about to get her ass beat if she kept talking slick. She gonna tell me if I'm here to interupt what she worked so hard to maintain I can save it. I wanted to tell her she must not have worked too hard and shes nothing other than a mistress because technically, Teresa is still his wife. But instead I came home. I wasn't going to take my anger out on her. "

"Girl u crazy lol but yes she need to calm down before we show up there all black everything"

"You feel me" They laughed.

They pulled into the bank parking lot, and went inside to start their day. Shad's phonecall bothered Gabby all day. On her lunch break, she and Aj walked to subway. Shad called right before she indulged. She rolled her eyes as she answered.

"Hello"

"Hey babe you at work?"

"No I'm at Subway"

"Oh ok what time you coming home?"

"Idk Shad Why?" She couldnt mask her annoyance anymore.

"Just asking Damn A man cant ask? Is everything ok?"

"Fine"

"Ok Ill talk to you later love you"

"Ok I kno bye" She hung up looked at Aj who, shook her head and they both continued their lunch.

Shad looked at the phone like it was transforming. Did Gabby really say 'I know bye' and hang up on him? Something was really wrong. He made a mental note to deal wit her later. He called his friend Travis.

"Hello" Travis answered sounding like a complete zombie.

"Niggah I know you not sleep! "

"Not nomore thanks to you"

"Good your ass needs to be up anyway. When the last time you spoke to Angela"

"Boy its Day two of my Seven day Sleep all day plan. Remember the one I said I was starting as soon as I got home? Yeah ur interfering with that. But not since we left base. Why?"

"Because she been calling me every damn day thats why"

"I just want to point out to you that we only been home one day. But what she saying?"

"Thats not the point. She might have Gabby pissed at me. Once again fucking around wit u got me in problems at home."

"Yeah Yeah Cry me a river. You gonna tell me wuat she said or no?"

"Fuck u alright. She called me like 'I thought u said He likes me and he wanna get wit me he not showing me nothing I dont get it' and all type of shit so Im like a man will make his move when ready and she like 'Oh Its all ur fault' and all this mess"

"Well shes right nobody told u go and lead her on"

"Niggah u did!!! I swear I want to reach through the phone and snatch ya lil dominican ass up"

"Lol I kno Im just playin. Man Angie is cool she just too clingy. And public wit shit. Not that I have a problem with the public part but me and Shaunie been kickin it again and idk where that could go"

"You foul. U need to leave Shaunie alone she nothing but bad news. Think about your car man. And Angie really likes you. She just wants you to see it."

"U right I miss Chocolatenetta...But I do see it tho I'm not sayin She not a good look cuz I like when we on base its just us but when we get back home it's another story. Idk man Ill give her a try but I aint making no promises"

"Dont say it like you doing me a favor you came on to her first remember that"

"Yeah Yeah. I'm going back to my plan good night" He hangs up.

Shad plugged his phone into the charger as he laughed at his friend. He hoped the conversation he had with Angela is what Had Gabby so upset and not something else. He wouldn't dare leave her. Especially for Angie. Not anything against the girl, but she was no competition for Gabbz. But he knew Gabby, and after a min of thinking about it, that was the exact reason she was mad.