8

Happy Halloween, guys! What are your costumes if you're dressing up? I'm really sorry this is late. I may or may not have gotten addicted to Grey's Anatomy.

I saw the Annabelle 2 trailer at the movies while watching Ouija: Origin of Evil (good movie, btw. I suggest watching it) and I can't wait to see it! Also, I know I say this every chapter nut I'm also sorry it's short. I'm a failure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed's POV

After reluctantly agreeing to check out the house that was supposedly haunted, I decided to tell Lorraine that I was going to go grocery shopping. Of course I didn't lie want to lie to her, but I don't need her or the baby. I walk into the room she's in and find that she's still reading her Bible.

"I'm going to get some groceries," I tell her and she looks up at me with suspicion in her eyes.

"Who was on the phone?" She asks, marking her place in the book and closing it.

"I'm not really sure. They had the wrong number," I say, feeling guilty.

"Okay," She shrugs. "Could you please get some donuts? I've been wanting some all day."

I chuckle. "Of course," I say and put my hand on her belly and kiss her forehead. She smiles a little.

I grab my wallet and shove it in my pocket before heading out.

The place wasn't too far away. Only about a half hour away. A scared looking husband and wife answer the door when I knock.

They immediately invite me in. There's a little boy who is no older than three who is clutching on to a yellow lab, who looks to be on guard, protecting their son. The husband, Bill, leads me into an office that looks like a tornado had made an appearance.

"We think the spirit must have done that," Bill explains. "We didn't see anything but when my wife was going in the room, she said that everything was flying around. She even showed me a cut that she got when a book slammed into her," He reports and turns around.

"Sherry! Come show Ed the cut you showed me!" He yells.

"I wouldn't yell at her. She's probably very shaken up and the last thing she needs is someone yelling at her," I advise.

"Right," He agrees and scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. Sherry comes in and holds up her arm to me. A skinny red line has made itself known right by her elbow. I tell her that she needs to clean it before it gets infected and to not worry about the spirit. I would take care of it.

I begin by cleaning up the mess it made. I put the things back where they belong. About halfway through, the room gets a sudden chill in the air. I look around and on top of the ceiling is a clown type figure with it's mouth wide open. He darts at me and I suddenly now have a bruise on the side of my face. I mutter out a string of curse words before trying to fight off the spirit. Finally, the spirit flies out the window.

Where is it going? We might never know. But for right now, the family is safe. I report the news to the family and they look relieved. I bless the house to prevent any spirits and make my way back home. Before going home though, I make sure to stop by the grocery store to pick up some donuts and a few other things.

"I got you your donuts," I inform Lorraine as I walk in. She smiles and gives me a quick kiss before grabbing the bag from my hands. She takes them out of the bag and opens the box. "Can I have one?" I ask.

"Maybe you can have one next time when you don't lie to me," She shoots back at me and I have no choice but to admit defeat.

"How did you know?" I sigh.

"Have you ever been able to lie to me?" She says, taking another bite of her donut.

"No. I was just-"

"I really don't want to hear it," She says and gets up. "Thank you for the donuts though."

She walks out of the room and closes the door on her way out.

Lorraine's POV

Alright, maybe I'm over reacting but he knows how I feel about lying. He could have at least told me the truth. There's no way to lie about the damn bruise on his face. We make very little conversation at dinner and Judy picks up on it. She doesn't make much conversation as well.

"Why don't you go get ready for bed, Judy. It's already past your bed time," Ed says and Judy nods, and goes to clean up her place. Before Ed can talk, I clean up my place as well and walk out of the room.