10

Happy Thanksgiving to the people who are celebrating! I've noticed that there's 1.4k reads on this and I want to thank everyone who has taken time to read it. Please make sure to comment suggestions. It would make me very happy! Enjoy! Also I'm sorry that its so short.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorraine's Point of view

Being able to sleep in for me is a luxury these days. It's always hard to find a comfortable position these days. I am surprised to wake up, finding that it's already noon. I quickly remember that I have an appointment today at 1:30 so I decide it's best to wake Ed up.

"Babe, it's time to wake up. Remember we have an appointment today?" I whisper in his ear and he nods. Instead of getting up. he wraps his arm around me. "Let's cuddle instead," He suggests and all I can do is laugh and agree. I lay my head on his chest, trying to get comfortable. We stay like that for another forty five minutes until we have n choice but to get up and get ready.

I pull on a skirt and a shirt and brush my teeth. I wasn't up for anything fancy today. Ed gets ready as well. We say goodbye to Judy and we head off. The ride to the doctor's is only about a seven minute drive, so we arrive on time. I look at the magazines provided while I wait.

The doctor soon calls us back. We follow him to a room with a small bed and a computer and stool beside it. Ed takes my coat and sits down in a chair dedicated for their partner to sit in. I lay on the bed and lift my shirt up so the doctor could put the gel on.

On the screen appears a little fuzzy blob that was our baby. Every time I saw them, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I was so excited to meet them.

"Would you like to know the gender?" The doctor questions and I quickly shake my head no before Ed can say anything. "I want it to be a surprise," I shrug.

"A surprise it is," Ed agrees and the doctor nods.

We get to listen to the heart beat. People don't realize how great a heart beat is until its a matter between life or death or when you're having a baby. The sound fills my ears and it's just enough to make me cry.

After the appointment, we schedule another one before leaving. We put our coats on and head out. We get in the car and head home for lunch. We just have sandwiches as I'm tired and Judy and Ed aren't that hungry. As we're finishing lunch, the phone begins to ring. Ed gets up and answers it.

He comes back looking a bit down but quickly tries to cheer himself up before I can notice.

"Who was on the phone?" I ask, curious.

"Father Gordon," He answers. "Don't worry, I told him we couldn't take anymore cases for the next few months.

I look up at him and see that he's smiling.

What have I done?