9

What?! An actual update in time?! That's crazy! Let's celebrate! Cue the music! *starts dancing*

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The night has come and gone to quickly because the next thing I know is that the sun is making an appearance through the window. Last night, Ed and I made no attempts to talk. I was starting to regret getting mad at him. I roll over and find that Ed has gotten up. The sheets are cold, indicating that Ed has been up for a while.

I pull on a robe and make my way down to the kitchen, which is empty as well. On the kitchen table lies a little note that could easily be missed.

Be ready by six. -Ed.

Of course I'm not stupid. This is his way of apologizing. But I'm not the type of person to hold grudges and Ed knows that so I silently agree in my head.

"Are you and Dad fighting?" a voice says behind me. I turn around, and of course it's Judy.

"Just a little, but I promise it's nothing to worry about," I try to reassure her and I show her the note. Her eyes widen.

"Wow, I didn't think Dad had it in him," She giggles and I giggle as well.

Before I know it, it's 4:30 and the clock is telling me that it's time to get dressed. I take a quick shower. I slip on a dress that's simple but beautiful as well. It's a bit smaller now that I'm pregnant but it still fits nicely. I apply some eyeliner, mascara, and a touch of lipstick. Ed has always said that I look beautiful without it. I curl my hair so it's wavy but not too curly. Just the way Ed likes it.

At six o'clock on the dot. Ed has returned. As I walk into the room, all eyes are on me. Judy smiles happily and with her grandma and Ed can't stop staring at me.

Ed has dressed up too. He is wearing a tux and his hair is neatly combed back. What little worries I've had about dressing up too fancy have vanished.

"Are you ready?" He asks once he recovers and I nod. After Ed's mom insists that she's alright with taking care of Judy, we head out. Ed takes my hand gently and I let him. He opens the passenger door for me like a gentleman. "Where are we going?" I ask and he smiles.

"It's a surprise," He grins and I roll my eyes playfully. He chuckles.

The time in the car is spent talking about random things like the baby and whether we should wait to find out whether it is a boy or girl. Personally, I think we should let it be a surprise but Ed thinks we should find out as soon as we can.

"We have arrived," Ed announces and I look at the view that's in front of me.

There's a little fancy table that has been covered with a table cloth. Little white chairs were placed on both sides. There is a dish in the middle that is surrounded by a few other little dishes. But the most spectacular thing is the lights that haven been strung up, making the place glow. Ed gets out of the car and opens my door. I step out still taking it all in. It's magical really.

When we get to the table, Ed pulls my chair out and I sit down. He sits down himself before serving me. The dish in the middle is a roast, which is beyond me how he prepared it in one day. Mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, and green beans are served with it. There is water for dessert. Ed could have wine, but he tells me he'll wait for me to have it. I wonder how long his promise will last.

"Lorraine," He says seriously and I look up from eating.

"I want to apologize for lying to you. I just wanted to protect you, especially during these nine months. I didn't realize it would hurt you as much as it did."

How could I not forgive him? I tear up just a little.

"No, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have gotten so mad. It was stupid of me," I say not trying to let the tears fall.

"Oh hun," He says, getting up. He walks over to me and gently scoops me up before sitting in my chair so I'm sitting on his lap. He pulls me closer and cuddles me. "I was never mad. You didn't do anything wrong."

I lay my head on his chest and one of his hands makes it's way to my belly, gently rubbing it.

"You're forgiven," I say but it comes out more as a whine.

He chuckles and kisses my forehead. "You were the exact same way with Judy."

All I can is smile. Needless to say, we don't move for the rest of the time.