Chapter 1: Promptly Into the Night

Zelda's P.O.V

It was raining that night. I could feel the pattering of the rain hit my back as I rode under the cover of night. Lady Impa rode beside me to ensure my safety, yet even though she was by my side I still did not feel safe. There was an unknown radical group that had been trying to eliminate my Father and I. These insurgents would stop at nothing to see the Royal Family dead. So here I was escaping the castle in secret running away deep into the forest where I was to be protected. I felt a bit uneasy leaving my Father whilst the nonconformnists run free. I feared for his safety and for the peace of Hyrule. I was so afraid that this radical group would soon grow and start up a civil war right here in Hyrule. I shook away the thought and continued ahead down the winding road. We soon reached the front gates of Ordon, a village deep within the forest. It was a small and quaint village. They were known as farmers and usually kept to themselves, they were a peaceful bunch. The radical threat could not reach me here....hopefully.  The rain began to lighten up as we silently approached a well lit house on the highest hill. All the houses were dark at this hour but not this one. This one was prepared for us and inside I would be safe. Lady Impa dismounted her horse as I did the same. 

"Wait here." She instructed as she stepped onto the porch of the small house. 

Lady Impa knocked softly and waited patiently for the door to open. 

Slowly the door opened to reveal a woman. She had short blonde hair and a very swollen belly. She was clearly pregnant. 

"Milady." She greeted with a bow. 

Lady Impa bowed in response. 

"Where is your husband?" She questioned. 

"Rusl is upstairs with our son. We wanted to make sure he was asleep before you arrived." The pregnant woman explained. 

"May we come in?" I inquired.

"Oh yes! Oh dear you must be freezing its pouring out there. Please do come in!" She exclaimed. 

Lady Impa quickly assured me inside before closing the door behind her. 

The house was extremely warm thanks to the large fireplace in the main room. 

"Oh this is wonderful." I sighed in contempt as I knelt in front of the fire. 

"You must forgive my manners Princess Zelda. I am not quite used to the formalities you are accustomed to." The woman apologized.

"Think nothing of it! I am indebted to you are your husband for letting me stay here under your protection." I thanked. 

" I see the Princess has arrived. " A voice chuckled from the top of the stairs. 

"Rusl." Lady Impa sighed in relief. 

"Relax Impa I told you in that letter that I would be here." He laughed.

Lady Impa rolled her eyes and scoffed. 

" I knew I could depend on you." She stated.

"Uli, can you do the Princess a favor and let her borrow some of your old clothes?" Rusl asked his wife. 

"Of course!" She exclaimed as she waddled out of the room. 

I slowly untied the top of my cloak and let it fall from my shoulders to the ground. I then swung my hair over my shoulder and attempted to ring it out to dry. 

"Rusl I need you to promise me she will be safe here." Lady Impa stated firmly. 

"Impa this is the safest place for her to be. We both know this. Ordon has always been irrelevant to Hyrule, most do not even know that we are here. She will be safe and she will be kept secret. " He assured her. 

"What will you tell the other villagers?" Impa inquired.

"I will tell them she is Uli's cousin from Termina. They won't question that. "He answered. 

"Her identity must be kept secret. No one must know that she is the Princess. It wouldn't just endanger her but this whole village." Impa stressed. 

"Impa." I interrupted. 

Both Rusl and Impa silently turned to look at me. 

"Go and protect my father. I am safe here. If anything goes wrong I have your training, I am not alone here. " I assured her. 

She softly smiled as me. 

"Take care of her." Lady Impa stated as she made her way to the door and left.