Chapter 9: The Insubordinate Princess

Zelda's P.O.V

"So how do we find the source?" Link asked.

"We have to wait for nightfall. Hopefully the mist will return and we can track it and find the source." I hoped. 

"What do you honestly think were gonna find at the source?" Link asked with all seriousness.

I paused for a moment before answering him.

I knew it had to be something, or someone with a great deal of power. I could sense the evil radiating near by, but I certainly didn't want to frightened Link or the people of Ordon with the truth. 

"Hopefully its nothing we can't handle." I stated through gritted teeth. 

I knew I should be going on this quest alone, but Link was very persistent. He refused to let me be. 

"I'm going to get a sword from Rusl. We're going to need all the help we can get." Link explained.

"In that case I will meet you here at sundown." I stated. 

Link nodded his head in acknowledgment before leaving the house. 

I waited a few moments to ensure there was a safe distance between him and I. I wanted to escape and find the source of this evil before it was too late. Link did not need to put himself at risk for Ordon. I would need to be the one to end this. 

Once I was sure he was gone I searched about his belongings. 

His house was small and quaint. It was cozy and was clearly fit for no more than two persons. It smelled of the forest, of the fresh and crisp air that radiated from the trees. He appeared to be quite the scholar as well. There were a good amount of books and maps that cluttered the room. I took the liberty of opening one of the nearby books and looking it over.

The book that I held in my hands was about Termina. I couldn't help but think that Link had taken up this study of Termina to get to know me better. He wanted to know more of who I was and where I came from. 

I felt my heart flutter in my chest for a moment. 

Once I came back to reality I closed the book shut and returned it to the place where I had found it. 

I then made my way for the door. There on a hook was a brown cloak. I took it from its place and then wrapped it around my shoulders. 

"Sorry Link, but I need this." I said aloud as I left his house and made my way for the forest.