Chapter 16: Ordon Comes First

Link's P.O.V

Sheik felt so tiny in my arms as I carried her through the woods. The sun was rising in the distance but it peaked just enough through the trees to light the way home. After the Diababa was slain the thick fog that consumed the woods and Ordon disappeared. All of the surrounding plant life that was damaged by the toxic mist began to heal and to thrive.  

"Link?" Sheik coughed. 

"We are almost there. Don't worry I got you." I stated. 

Sheik smiled gently before tapping my arm.

I looked down at her in confusion. 

"I am alright Link you can put me down. " She stated. 

I then careful set her down back on her feet. 

"Is it normal for you to become so weak after you use your magic?" I asked

Sheik seemed to flinch at the question. 

"Well my magic requires quite a bit of energy and concentration. It can be draining for the spirit." She explained. 

"Draining for the spirit huh?" I inquired.

"Yes, the spirit."  She huffed.

Sheik was clearly annoyed by my pestering so I decided to change the subject. 

"It appears that whatever that thing was in the Lost Woods was the cause of that fog." I explained.

"Yes that does seem to be the case. But the question is how did a Diababa come to this area? It requires a great deal of dark magic to summon something like the Diababa. " She explained. 

"And those Moblins! I have never seen them here, in fact I didn't think they even existed." I stated in disbelief. 

"Even Moblins are summoned by dark magic Link, whoever is behind this is someone with a great deal of experience. I suggest you alert Rusl when we return to Ordon. Perhaps we can figure out a way to keep everyone safe." Sheik explained

"We have a gate that we lock every evening but that didn't seem to keep the Moblins out." I added.

"I can figure out a way to create a seal to protect Ordon. But I am not sure if it will be strong enough to keep whoever is causing all this out. " Sheik sighed.

"I can round up some men and we can create a watch, that way Ordon would constantly be on guard." I offered. 

As we walked and talked Ordon became in view. The crops had returned and the damage from fog seemed to have reverted thanks to Sheik's magic. Nearly all of the village was outside looking over their crops in disbelief. 

"Link there you are my boy!" Mayor Bo shouted down below the hill.

I waved at him from the top of the hill before making my way down. 

"Are you alright?" I asked Sheik.

"I am fine go on ahead." She smiled.

I nodded my head in acknowledgement before meeting with Mayor Bo. 

"Have you seen the crops?" Mayor Bo asked. 

"Yes it appears that they have come back!" I exclaimed. 

"And thank the Goddesses for it!" He laughed. 

"Do you think we will have enough to take to Castle Town and trade?" I asked.

Mayor Bo suddenly seemed uneasy.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"I don't think it is safe right now to send any of our people to Castle Town right now." He answered. 

"Why not?" I asked. 

"Because there is a civil war going on." A voice state from behind me. 

I turned to see that it was Ilia. I couldn't help but feel instantly annoyed. 

"Ilia hush!" Mayor Bo scolded.

"Why Daddy its the truth, isn't it?" She inquired. 

I turned to Mayor Bo for confirmation. 

"We are not sure yet but it appears that it may be a possibility." He answered.

"So we are just going to sit here and hide here in the forest while Hyrule needs help being defended?!" I exclaimed. 

"I admire your courage Link, but the safety of the people of Ordon is my first priority." Mayor Bo stated before walking away. 

"Link we both know he's right. " Ilia sighed as she grabbed my hand. 

I pulled my hand away from her quickly. She appeared offended by my action before taking a step back. 

"Ordon is apart of Hyrule. We stand for the same things that Hyrule does. If Hyrule falls so does Ordon. " I explained before walking away.