Chapter 14: The Curse

Link's P.O.V

I sprinted through the trees until I reached an opening. There I saw Sheik being dragged by the Moblin towards to what appeared to be the cause of this toxic fog. I watched as Sheik was nearly inches away from that beast. 

"Link!" She shouted as she saw me. 

The Moblin turned and sneered in anger. He threw her aside and pulled out a horn. He blew into it fiercely. As the sound of the horn reverberated through the trees more Moblins began to mobilize. 

I was suddenly swarmed with what seemed like one hundred Moblins. I slashed my sword and evade many attacks. It was difficult to see Sheik through the horde of Moblins closing in on me.

"Sheik!" I shouted as she disappeared from view. 

I had no choice but to fight my way to her. The Moblins were indeed bigger than me, but they were slow in both their attack and in their heads. It was simple to predict their movements and quickly disarm them. I was cutting through the horde when I heard a shrill scream. 

Through the crowd of Moblins I could see Sheik being lifted into the air by the parasitic monster. it had her wrapped up in it's vines as it lowered her into its jaws. She seemed panicked and genuinely afraid.

I pushed through the horde and cut them all down with my sword just as Sheik was just about to be eaten. 

I quickly cut her free with a slash of my sword causing the beast to cry out in pain. Sheik fell to the ground and wiggled herself free from the cut vine. She quickly got back to her feed and ran to my side. 

"Doing just fine huh?" I laughed.

She rolled her eyes at me.

"What is that thing?" I asked.

" A Diababa." She answered. 

"Is this what has been causing the fog?" I inquired. 

Sheik nodded her head yes.

"Only dark magic can bring a Diababa to take root." She explained. 

"Alright so how do we kill it?" I asked.

" I am going to need you to weaken it. " She instructed. 

The Diababa roared as it uprooted itself from the ground and grew leafy limbs.

"Well that can't be good." I groaned. 

"Go for it legs! Bring it down and then keep it from going underground!" She instructed. 

"Okay that doesn't sound too hard. What are you going to do?" I asked.

"I am going to break this curse." She stated.