Chapter 12: Moblins

Link's P.O.V

Sheik was dangling high up.....too high up to fall from. If I cut the rope that held her up she would most certainly fall to her death. I followed the rope until I found a pulley system on the side of a trunk of a nearby tree. 

"I am going to slowly lower you down." I stated as I unknotted the rope and grasped it with both of my hands. 

Slowly I began to lower her down. She eventually made it back to the ground but was still trapped within the wooden cage. 

"Be alert Link, we are not alone in these woods." Sheik warned. 

I listened closely to the silence of the woods.  My lantern did little to nothing to cut through the fog that surrounded us.  I couldn't see through the darkness of the trees. 

"Link get me out of here." Sheik begged. 

I unseated my sword and began sawing at the wooden bars of the cage. 

As I began to saw away I glanced at Sheik. Her hair was unraveled rather than braided back like it normally was. Her cheek was cut and slightly bruised. She was wearing my cloak which was tattered now. 

"I see you helped yourself to my cloak." I chuckled.

Sheik's cheek reddened in embarrassment. 

"I am sorry. I really didn't want to involve you. " She apologized. 

"And why not?" I inquired.

"It isn't safe." She stated firmly. 

"Which means you shouldn't be out here either." I sighed. 

Sheik lowered her head in silence. 

I continued to saw through the bars until I heard movement in the woods behind us. 

"What was that?" I asked. 

"Moblins most likely." Sheik answered.

I looked at her in concern.

"There is no Moblins in the Lost Woods." I stated firmly.

Just as I had said that three large Moblins walked out of the brush. The group was heavily armored and carried weapons in their hands. They immediately charged at me swinging their swords with an intent to kill. 

"Link look out!" Sheik shouted. 

I dodged their swings by rolling out of the way. Their attacks hit the cage  breaking the wooden bars this freeing Sheik in the process. 

"Sheik!" I shouted as I cut down one of the Moblins. 

She was ripped out of the cage by one of the three Moblins. 

"Let go of me!" She shouted as she attempted to loosen the monster's grip. I watched as the Moblin threw her over his shoulder and ran off into the woods. 

The last Moblin attempted an attack but I had easily evaded it with a simple side step. I then counter attack with an upward slash to cut the monster down. After he fell I chased after Sheik into the Lost Woods once more.