nine

Jimin sipped happily at his bubble tea, playing footisie with Taehyung under the table.

"Your phone keeps buzzing," Jimin suddenly pouted.

"Turn it off then," Taehyung suggested, chewing on a tapioca ball.

"What if it's important?"

"Nothing's more important that my Jiminnie," Taehyung cooed, squishing the smaller boy's cheeks.

"That was so cheesy but I love it," Jimin smiled, a light pink dusting over his cheeks, and not just because of Taehyung's aggressive poking.

"This is why you're my best friend, you like my cornyness." And just like that, Jimin's heart sunk. Why? He didn't know. But somewhere in his mind, he wanted to be more than just a best friend.

Taehyung noticed Jimin's sudden change in attitude, so he placed his hand on the smaller boy's chubby one. He didn't say anything because he didn't know why Jimin seemed so upset.

All he knew was that he hated seeing him like this and it had to stop.

"Maybe it's Jungkook, you should answer it," Jimin sighed, pulling Taehyung's phone out of his pocket, giving it back to its owner.

Taehyung simply took it and turned it off, putting it on the table.

"Jimin, I'm spending the entire day with you, and only you. Why? Because I love you and you deserve more attention." Taehyung said sincerely, intertwining his fingers with Jimin's, now holding both of his hands on top of the table.

Everything suddenly clicked together in Jimin's mind. Fuck. He thought. I like Taehyung.

"What do you love about me?" Jimin decided to ask, wanting to challenge the other so he'd stop internally screaming at himself.

He thought Taehyung would be stumped, but the elder boy quickly started listing off little things that Jimin did.

"I love how your hair always sticks up at the back in the morning, and how you rarely wear pants, and how you think I don't notice when you steal my boxers sometimes. Oh, also when you wear my clothes, it's really cute because you're really small. And I love your smile, I swear I go momentarily blind because of how bright it is. And..." He didn't stop, Jimin didn't even realize some of the things he did that Taehyung loved so much, it made him feel special.

By the time Taehyung was coming to and end with his long list, Jimin was blushing madly, his eyes even started watering. He almost regretted asking the question but he also wanted to ask it again, just to hear the exact same list.

"That's really nice," Jimin mumbled, trying to calm his huge smile.

"I'm quite the charmer," Taehyung smiled, adding a wink.

--
thanks for 700 reads <3