Chapter 5 [Proofread & Edited]

F*** you~ F*** you very very muuuuch

I hummed along to the tune—wasn't really a fan of cussing and all—with my body swaying in an awkward dance before picking up. "Ya, Jumin?"

"...You're awfully cheerful today. Are you that excited to go on a date with me?"

I clenched my teeth to suppress a half-hearted laugh and instead rolled my eyes before I pulled up my laptop and scrolled through some websites. The date was today, and in another two hours as well, so I still had time to plan, albeit... a little last minute. But there were two main things I wanted to do. A normal casual walk around the aquarium—you know, the classics—and lunch at a cafe. I shut my laptop down before replying.

"You wish, Mr Rich Kid," I said. "What's our way of transport, by the way? Are we meeting somewhere? Or are you picking me up or vice versa?"

"You can drive?"

"Uhh," I frowned, my head pulled back with my face looking like the face of that one cat meme when you reach out to try and pet it but it retracts it's whole body.  "Yeah? Of course I can. So do we meet or pick up?"

"We'll meet."

"Okay. You can go and tell Sarah."

"...Why me?"

I laughed at how unwilling he had sounded. "Don't tell me you're afraid of her?"

"I am not afraid. But she is a being out of my comfort zone to handle."

"And what, I'm more preferable for your picky comfort zone to handle?"

"It would seem so."

I shook my head, my cheeks hurt from smiling too widely. "Well, what are we humans if we don't reach out of our so-called comfort zones?" I went, sarcastically. "You tell her, Jumin. I don't like her any more than you do. Besides, you owe me, remember?"

"...Regrettably, yes."

"And—regrettably so—I've decided to use that 'owe-me' card on you today. So ta-ta!"

I hung up quickly before he could retort back a reply and got off my bed. My stomach was churning with butterflies, my mind still replaying the conversation that managed to quirk my lips.

Clearing my throat rather loudly, I continued on planning. The date wasn't going to be set at a fancy restaurant, so I decided to wear something more casual. I picked off my white blouse and blue jeans off their homes in my closet and shuffled into a set of white converse. Today was a little chilly, so I hurriedly decided to wear a long coat as well.

Our meeting place was at a small park within walking distance near my house. I was thirty minutes early so I stood by the gate and waited.

Yet, not even five minutes after I had arrived, a black car parked itself abruptly in front of me. Tilting my head in curiosity, I stared at the said car until surprise, surprise—Jumin stepped out of the vehicle and walked over towards me.

"Jumin? Aren't you an early bird, today."

Standing beside me with his lower back leaning slightly against the cold metal rails, he shrugged. Small talk was in order, so I reluctantly went to Heaven forbid, speak with him, until I saw that he was wearing his normal attire. A suit.

I sighed, berating myself inwardly for not seeing this coming. "Are you seriously going to wear this for a simple, normal date?"

"Yes," he replied before frowning in genuine confusion. "I don't believe I see anything wrong with what I normally wear."