Chapter 21

Jumin

"Thank you, Assistant Kang," I said as Yoona left the room.

V and Assistant Kang's eyes blew wide open. I tilted my head in confusion. "What's wrong?"

V looks at Assistant Kang. "No, it's just that... you never really thank anybody for anything.."

I paused for a second. "Really? Oh. I guess I've changed since Yoona became mine."

"...Jumin," sighed V. "That's really cringey."

"Like you can talk. All you and Rika ever did was flirt around in front of me."

"Anyways, Mr Han," interrupted Assistant Kang. "Are you sure you don't want to let Yoona in on this?"

"No," I replied. "It's better this way."

She nodded.

"So the RFA members are in on this but Yoona isn't? That's going to be hard to keep from her," said V.

"Jihyun," I said. "Trust me on this. We need concrete evidence in order to get those two."

V hesitated before nodding and Assistant Kang gave him a two sheets of papers and he looked at it carefully.

"Wait," he paused. "Isn't this Sarah and Glam Choi? Why..."

"Ms Sarah called Mr Han to threaten him about the marriage and she had held Yoona hostage," said Assistant Kang. "According to Mr Han, Ms Glam was there as well but we don't have concrete proof."

"Concrete proof?" asked V.

"Yes," I said. "We need to check the security cameras that we have yet to claim."

"I didn't approve to this plan but Mr Han wants to hack into Ms Glam and Sarah's penthouse to search for more evidence."

V nodded. "Are you going to use Luciel for it?"

"Yes."

V sighed. "This is a very dangerous game you're playing, Jumin."

I smiled. "I know."

Yoona

I stretched my back before I shrugged my lab coat off. Jumin was waiting down by the lobby for a small night out so I hurriedly slipped on my beige coat and grabbed my bag.

The elevator dinged open. It was packed so instead, I waited for the next one. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder whip me around as I yelped at the sudden contact.

"What are you --"

My eyes went wide as I saw Hyun's tear-streaked face standing right in front of me.

"Hyun? What's wrong --"

"Yoona, please," his voice shook. "Don't go down there. You'll --"

The elevator doors dinged open and I slipped inside. Not wanting to have Jumin waiting for me any longer, I hurriedly pressed the floor and waited until the elevator doors closed.

But Hyun had stopped them.

"Yoona, I'm warning you right now," he pleaded. "Please don't go down there!"

I pushed his hands away from the doors.

"My husband is waiting for me, Hyun. We'll talk later."

The doors shut closed before Hyun could stop them a second time and the elevator went down. My eyes never left the doors.

What was with Hyun?

_________________________________

I am VERY sorry if this chapter is a little too short for your liking. School's starting tomorrow so the next chapters may be delayed a little later than the original date. Thanks!