Chapter 8

"Hmmn..." Dad hummed. "Maybe I should make the sleeves longer.."

I stood still as Dad measured the my arms again and handed his measurements to his helpers. I was at Dad's workplace, Fashion Sense.

Apparently, Dad's boss had to shorten the deadline so it was due next week and Dad hadn't even been able to make up his mind about measurements.

I really love his works. Any design he ever made always sold out within a week. That was how good my dad was. He was working on a sleeved red sequin dress at the moment.

After a few hectic hours, Dad managed to settle everything and hugged me goodbye. I drove back to my hospital and was just in time for the daycare ceremony.

"Director!" One of my daycare helpers ran to me. "You're late!"

"I know, I know," I said and dropped my bag by my office floor. "The kids haven't arrived yet, right?"

"No, but you missed the celebration!"

I sighed after thanking him and ran over to the front of the daycare. Suddenly, a group of small kids walked in with hospital gowns and came inside.

"Hello, everybody," I smiled. "My name is Kim Yoona. You can call me anything you want as long as you remember me. How are you all today?"

The kids replied cheerily with a 'good' and were grinning at me. I grinned back and started the small activities I was to help out with the kids.

It was a very tiring day and soon they went back to their wards and I returned back to my old office. So busy.

...

That sly fox will pay for what she's done. I'll make sure I win this battle.

...

I felt a chill run down my spine. "Yoona?" said Jumin. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," I replied. "Just a chill."

I was currently talking with Jumin on the phone while feeding Elizabeth 3rd. It was already half past seven in the evening and Elizabeth 3rd was already asleep on her bed.

"How is Elizabeth 3rd?"

"She's asleep and safe," I assured him. "Nothing to worry about. She'd perfectly fine."

"That's good," he said. "I might not be able to return home today. Will you stay until tomorrow?"

I hesitated. Then again, Jumin wouldn't be here with me overnight so I would have absolutely nothing to worry about.

"Sure," I answered. "I'll stay."

"Thank you. I have to leave now. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yep."

Jumin hung up and I slumped myself onto the sofa. Today was so tiring but I was glad I didn't need to pull an all-nighter again.

I pulled out my laptop and fished around my files to search for my daycare documents. There were more than fifteen kids over this morning and they were all very sweet.

Then I searched for my surgery schedule. Tomorrow at six in the morning, I have three patients to talk to and at ten I have another five surgeries to perform.

One was a chest surgery, the other a knee surgery and the rest were liver surgeries. More coffees to drink tomorrow.

I shut my laptop closed and decided to sleep early. Tomorrow was a big day after all.