Chapter 7

"So," I said as I sat down opposite Jumin. "How is it?"

I had made japchae and kimchi for Jumin since those were two of the few easy dishes that I could do. Jumin had finished it with a cup of wine and from what I saw, it was pretty good.

"How did you make this," he asked. "I have eaten japchae before but it wasn't at all like this."

I grinned after picking up the plate and putting it in the sink. "Oh, you know," I replied. "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve."

I checked my watch and started to wash the dishes. "After I wash these dishes, I'll have to go back to hospital soon," I said. "There's a new daycare opening in my department and I need to sort out some documents. Be a gentleman and feed this to Elizabeth 3rd, will you?"

I wiped my hands off with a tea towel and grabbed my coat and bag. As soon as I walk towards the door, Jumin grabs my wrist. He hesitated for a moment.

"...I do hope you come again," he said. "I... need someone to take care of Elizabeth 3rd for me. My assistant doesn't seem to favour her."

I raised an eyebrow. "Sure," I replied. "I'll come by."

He let me go and I walked out the door. His hands were cold. A very comforting cold though. I exited out the elevator and saw Driver Kim standing by the black car by the lobby porch.

"Hello, Ms Yoona," he said. "Mr Han has told me to send you to the hospital by car."

I sighed. "Typical Jumin."

If I were to argue, I would've had to stay longer for a few minutes and I was already quite exhausted. I slipped myself into the car and Driver Kim drove me to the hospital.

...

"Here they are, Director," said one of the helpers. "The chairman also told me to tell you that the kids will come in tomorrow at noon so you have to be there by then."

"Alright," I replied. "Thank you."

The helper walked out of my second office. I had only one office until now. It was placed inside the small daycare and I was to visit once every few days.

I packed up and ran back towards my car. I promised to help Dad with some of his designs. As soon as I parked outside of the house, I rushed inside.

"Yoona," said Dad. "Why're you late?"

"I was at the hospital," I said as I hooked my coat over the staircase rail. "So what do I have to help with?"

"Here," he passed me a folder. "I need you to come with me to my workplace and help model out a few outfits. Go over these before you go to sleep."

"Okey-dokey," I smiled and kissed him on the forehead. "Goodnight."

I walked upstairs into my room and slipped into my PJs. I opened the folder and flipped through some papers. Dad had small bags under his eyes. Was his deadline near?

One particular design that caught my eye was a wedding gown that had beautiful floral patterns near the hem of the sleeves and veil.

I wondered if I would ever wear this. Maybe with Jumin. I rolled my eyes at myself. Yeah, right. Jumin may hate Sarah but I don't think he'd choose me even if I wished for it.

I laid back down onto my pillow. Just imagine Jumin in a white groom suit while he stood by the alter. He'd smile as I walked in with the beautiful wedding gown on-- Okay, let's not think about that. Wouldn't want to fall in love with him.

I turned off my bedside lamp and closed my eyes as I fell asleep.