Chapter 13

Jumin

"Quick!! Strap the breathing gear on her! She's losing her breath!"

I could hear some of the doctors and nurses in the emergency ward. I was too late. I couldn't save Yoona in time. By the time I came, Sarah had disappeared and Yoona was a ghastly coloured white.

My hands were shaking. What did she do to her?

The doctor who took her in came to me and told me that whoever had put in the drug in her blood system was aiming to erase all of her memories and was successful.

She also told me that there was a fifty percent chance Yoona wouldn't wake up due to the large amount of the drug they had put in her.

I slumped against the chairs outside of Yoona's room and scrunched my hair up in my fists in frustration. I had dragged her into this and now she's in a ward with half a chance of actually waking up.

I tried to tell Father what had happened but Glam had him wrapped around her little finger. He didn't believe a word I said and did nothing but say he was sorry for my loss.

I gritted my teeth. Loss? I haven't lost Yoona yet. She's still alive and I will get her memories back.

I stood up as I saw Yoona's parents walk out her ward room and Mrs Kim was in tears.

I bowed at them. "I am very sorry," I apologized. "This was all my fault. I could've --"

"No, no, Jumin," said Mr Kim. "It's not. It's not anyone's fault. Don't put the blame on yourself."

I stayed quiet.

"I'll bring my wife back home. Don't push anything to her, okay?"

As the they walked past me, I heard Mrs Kim small whisper.

"Oh.. What do we do, honey.." she sobbed. "Our poor Yoona.."

I watched them as they left and walked into Yoona's ward. She had a bandage on her right collarbone and she was staring out of the window.

"Yoona?"

She turned and looked at me. Tilting her head, she opened her mouth. "Who are you?"

I felt a sudden pang of guilt and sadness hit me in the chest. "I-I'm Jumin Han," I hesitated. I, Jumin Han, hesitated. "How are you feeling, Yoona?"

She only blinked. "I'm fine, thank you."

I walked over and sat in the chair beside her bed. Her face never changed. It didn't lit up like it used to. Her face stayed the same. Emotionless.

"Yoona, I am so sorry for your memory loss. I --"

"Is that my name?"

I looked at her and paused.

"Is it? The people who've visited me call me by that name. Some called me Director Kim. Why?"

I only looked at her. She really didn't remember. She blinked again.

"Did I say something wrong? You look sad, Mr Han."

My chest ached as she called me that. We were complete strangers now. This wasn't good. I need to shake this off. If I want her memories to return, I need to snap back to reality.

"No," I smiled at her. "I'm just happy that you're safe. Call me Jumin. That's what you used to call me anyways."

She blinked again. "Okay."

I felt sad. Really sad. I've never been this sad ever since Rika died. "Where are my manners," I replied, giving her another smile. "I haven't properly introduced myself."

I started from scratch. Telling her about my age, my family and my private life. But then my mouth slipped and I told her about how I really loved this one person.

"She must be one of a kind to have someone nice like you," said Yoona. "You seem to love her very much."

My eyes softened. "Yes. Yes, I do. She is the only one for me."

I started to tell Yoona everything about the person. Yoona, of course, never knew it was herself but she listened to me either way.

When I had returned from the cafe back to her room, she was asleep and snoozing quietly. I sighed as I stroked her cheek gently.

I love her. And I'd do anything to get my Yoona back.