Chapter 9

I've realised that I've been getting votes and more readers lately and I just want to thank those who've added my story to one of their reading lists and those who were kind enough to vote. I'm really grateful towards you all and I hope you enjoy this chapter. ^^

"Director?" One of my students walked into my office and handed me a USB stick. "Mr Chairman wants you to proofread the other groups' reports before they're handed in."

I held back a groan. I had just finished my entire schedule as planned but it turns out that miracles don't work in my world.

"Thank you, Anne," I said. Anne smiled and left me to do my work.

It was very quiet in here so I turned the TV on and listened as a soap opera played as background music.

I opened my PC and opened the USB. I clicked on one of the many documents and started to proofread. I heard the TV move to ads but continued on with my work.

"-- Surgeon Yoona Kim has been spotted walking in and out of Director Jumin Han's penthouse multiple times. What is their relationship? -- "

I frowned and looked up. It was the news.

" -- It seems like Director Han is cheating on his fiance, Ms Sarah Choi, with Ms Kim! My, my, Henry," said the main host, Jessica. "Poor Ms Choi. Even after Director Han chose her, he decides to cheat on her!"

"Mm-hmmn," replied Henry. "Seems like we'll have another wave of reporters heading to the hospital. Don't you just love the drama?"

What kind of face was I making right now? Disgust? Sadness? Hatred? I didn't know. I was to dumbfounded to react. Jumin chose... Sarah?

Suddenly, my office door burst open and I saw Jumin rushing in and grabbing my wrist.
"We've got to go," he said and dragged me out the door.

"W-Wait, Jumin!" I protested.  Why was he here? Did he see it already?

"We can't wait, Yoona," said Jumin, going into the elevator. "You have no idea what those two women are capable of. Trust me. These kind of women will do anything to get what they want."
"Y-You mean Glam and Sarah?"

"Yes," he replied. "I'm not letting you get hurt. You're going to stay with me in my penthouse."
"Wait, what?!" I exclaimed. The elevator was taking longer than expected. "What do you mean stay with you?? What about my job??"

"I've already discussed this with the hospital's chairman," he said. "I've planned this ahead, Yoona. Trust me."

I stayed quiet and waited until the elevator door opened. What I didn't wait for was a wave of reporters to be waiting for us at the lobby.

"Hey! It's Jumin Han!"

"And he's got Yoona Kim with him too!"

They came running towards us but Jumin had closed the elevator door before they could even touch us.

"...We're going to the parking lot," he said and rang Driver Kim.

I still stayed quiet. Everything was happening too fast. I still needed time to adjust to the situation. I felt Jumin's fingers intertwine with mine. I looked up at him.

"Don't worry, Yoona," he smiled at me. "I'll protect you."

I didn't know why but my stomach was doing acrobatics and my heart was thudding rapidly. I clenched his hands slightly as I felt my hands tremble.

The elevator opened again and we saw Driver Kim waiting in the nearest parking space. Jumin ushered me into the back seat and sat with me. He ordered Driver Kim back to his penthouse and I had suddenly received a call from Mom.

"...Hello?"

"Yoona," she said. "Jumin chose Sarah? Already??"

"N-No.." I replied. "It's just a stupid scandal."

"Are you sure? It seemed so convincing..."

"Yes, I'm sure, Mom," I replied. "I'll be staying at Jumin's penthouse until this settles down. Love you."  

"Yes, I do too," she replied. "Stay safe. Please."

"I will."

I hung up and leaned against the seat. I really hoped this would end soon.