||1. The Engagement ||

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years."

- Simone Signoret

***

The day had dawned pleasantly sunny and bright streaming the contentment in the mansion. All seemed to be immersed in some work or other. Waiters in black bow ties, crisp white shirts, and black pants are serving women in designer saris. Men are sipping whiskey. A large heart-shaped balloon at the entrance of the banquet hall.

The hall was adorned with a glorious metal lantern that added charisma to the mansion. On the top, an incredible chandelier was hanging on. The center of the hall was festooned with pink and white curtains which gave a heavenly atmosphere. Decorations were plain yet meticulous.

"Bro, please hurry up. They are on the way and can reach any moment. Please complete the work soon." Swara said checking the unfinished works.

Arrangements were not over, what if they did not finish before the groom's family arrival? She wanted to set everything perfectly. "No bro, not here! These bouquets should be on the right wall...." She instructed how to set up a bouquet and in which position it looks perfect. Thankfully, it was almost finished.

Relaxing on a sofa chair, she stretched her hands. She was exhausted. Her feet ached running around the hall. Since dawn, she was perpetrating arrangements. Darting a last glance over the arrangements with weary eyes, she let out a sigh.

Indeed, looking after the arrangement is quite an arduous job. But she loved to do it. She always wanted to become an event organizer, but her father had set an unreasonable condition that she needs to graduate, then only she can study whatever she wishes. So did she.

Shekar Gadodia, her father is a renowned businessman. But his priority was always family. How hectic maybe his schedule he always had time for us. He was more than a father and a friend to them. Kavitha is his favorite daughter, but he never discriminated between them. He loves both equally.

She looked at herself- she donned up in red traditional Anarkali, with minimal makeup on, thanks to her mother, who had forced her to take a break and ordered her to dress up for the occasion.

Swara hit her head with her hand, as she remembered her duty to check out the center of attraction of function. It's her sister's engagement. She's marrying Swara's childhood friend, Sanskar Maheshwari. At first, it was odd to call him jeeju. But what can she do if he is her jeej! She had to call him jeej!

Taking strides, she walked towards her sister's room. The door was not locked, so she entered the room and was horrified to discern a scenario in front of her. Someone sleeping in bed wrapped with a blanket wholly. Her eyes widen to see it. Her sister always gets up late. Nevertheless, she did not anticipate this today at least.

No girl will wake up late in her engagement. But, her sister is an exception to it.

"Sisso, today is your engagement day and you are sleeping. I can't believe this. Get up! Otherwise, you will get late." Swara said giving an incredulous gaze at her.

But it did not affect her. Her sister was in deep slumber, it was obvious for her sister to realize her presence. She pulled her out of the bed. Kavita whirled her head down on the cushion. She draped herself in a duvet, burying her face.

"Please leave me, Shona, let me sleep." She said irritatingly. Her voice came like a whisper as she was talking in slumber.

Swara snatched the blanket from her face and stared at the sleeping beauty. However, it did not make an impact on her. She again made an effort and this time with full strength, she yanked her out of bed to make her awake. Abruptly, Kavita woke up in jerk and gave her a 'what the hell' look.