||23. Something's better left unsaid||

"If hiding truth can save heartbreak,
then it's better not to say anything."

~ Swara

***

The Birthday celebration was a success as exactly the way Sanskar envisaged. Contentment replenished in the atmosphere. His Idiot delighted in happiness. Family surprise entry turned party emotional. Except for Kavita intrude everything else went on smoothly. Or so that, Sanskar thought.

"I never thought I'll ever see you this happy, my son. In fact, it's the first time I'm seeing you this much happiness." Said Durga Prasad, keeping his hand on his son's head blessing him.

"It is Swara, dad, the reason for my smile. She's the best thing ever happened to me." Sanskar's eyes lit up while saying her name.

Annapoorna embraces her son in a hug and pecks his forehead. "See, I told you that day it's for best. I can see she's happy with you as much as you're happy with her. I know it before you guys made for each other. You both are destined to be together." For some strange reason, Annapoorna didn't like Kavita as her daughter-in-law. The promise of Durga Prasad abided her to accept her as DIL.

"Bhabhi is a gem, Bhai is so lucky." Said Uttara lauding her SIL.

Everyone was pleased to see progress in Swara and Sanskar's relation. At first, they felt guilty for making both marry just for reputation's sake. Now they took a breath of relief seeing how ecstatic both are.

Sanskar obviously in a happy mood to have her life partner. He couldn't ask more. Of course, he remembers Swara asking for a divorce on a wedding night. And that was before 2 months. Now he's damn sure she doesn't want a divorce. At least, that what her eyes say. He just wants to live in the moment not thinking about the future of their relation.

If it was before the month, he surely believed their separation is inevitable. Her persistent demand for divorce, propel him capitulate to set her free from the sham wedding. He choked at that horrible thought. Now though he was not sure about her feelings, he's least bothered about their future.

What matters is now they're together. She's his (at least for now). He is clearly fallen in the ocean of love which he realized back their tour.

*****

"Hey buddy, you okay?" Laksh asked interrupting his thoughts jabbing his back.

"I'm fine," he mutters, more to himself. He doesn't know why his heart hurting. Why he's thinking about after 4 months? Will she stick to divorce after six months pondering him. Anyways now he shouldn't think about that. But sometimes he couldn't help, but to think that.

Laksh knows him long enough to know when he's lying. "Then why you have a scowl on your face? Sanskar is there something bothering you? Tell me, buddy." His eyes reflect concern for his friend.

Shaking his head, he says "Laksh, I'm more than Ok. Why do you think that?"

"Oh Buddy, I'm your best friend and knows you more than yourself. And not to forget you're in front of the lawyer." Of course, he almost forgot about Laksh Malhotra, a well-known advocate and legal adviser of his company.

Laksh blinks his eyes and shot daggers at his friend. "Don't tell me you still thinking about that stupid decision of yours. To the hell, I'll never submit that Divorce file in court. She was scared before when she asked that. Now you guys are in that phase where she willing to spend her rest life with you. And we all know how much you love her. If only that Kavita thing didn't came in middle. It's always been Sanskar and Swara."