||22. Past knocking at present||

"Loving someone unrequited is punishment to heart."

~ Twinklingmeghs

*******

After what felt an eternity, they finally reached home. Now the mansion turned into a home with Uttara entry and over time, Swara got attached to it like it's her own home. Why won't she? Husband home means her home too, isn't it? Ecstatically, she made her way inside. Never in her dreams, she thought she would fall in love with the place which she once detested. Something in her made love that changes in her.

"Swara, do you plan to stay at the entrance the whole day? You're staring like you're seeing it for the first time." Asked Sanskar with curiosity filled eyes.

"Duffer, you have no idea how much I missed this place. Finally, I'm back home." Her eyebrows pulled together in a crease. Admiration in her face and the way she addressed home made his heart flutter. If she considers his mansion-like home, then there's a possibility that she accept their relation. A surge of hope reels within him.

"Bhabhi, you admire it as much you wish to, but can you give us a way to enter? My legs are paining like hell." Uttara grumbles. Swara realizes she was on their way, embarrassedly she scurries inside straight to the room.

Sanskar hits Uttara head lightly, "Ouch... What's that for?"

"Dare you tease my wife!" He warned.

"Wife, huh?" She snickered teasing him. Putting his hand on the neck and scratching his head back, he leaves from there. Uttara and Soumya giggles.

******

Walking back and forth, Swara mulled over how to give him a shirt. Wasn't it too awkward? It's not unusual giving a gift to friends, but now their relationship is clearly more than friendship. Sanskar tiptoes to the room and saw Swara lost in her thoughts.

"Pen to your thoughts, princess?" he asked, breaking her out of the daze.

"Sanskar..." her words died from her mouth as she finds him on his knees. Swara gets astonished. Her eyes dilated. Was he going to propose to her? But isn't it too late, now that they're married. Different kinds of thought run through her mind. Then again question erupt how should she react if he proposed to her? Why is her heart confusing her? If it was before she surely would've rejected. Now she's scared.

Scared to accept;

Scared to reject...

Poor confused soul!

"Swara this isn't a proposal. No need to fear or feel nervous." He said reading her mind. "Um... I don't know where to start. You remember the day we became friends." She recalled the first time they met. She was just five when she went to dinner at Maheshwari mansion with her dad.

Swara was running after her sister, Kavita. Both were so engrossed in playing that Swara didn't notice Sanskar coming in her way and accidentally bumped him.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't notice you." Sanskar apologized though it was her fault. Swara's eyes welled up.

"Mummmmaaaaaa......." She shrieks. That caught all attention, everyone comes running to her.

"What happened, sweetie?" Sharmishtha asks with worry.

"Mumma... I fall... That duffer pushed me." lisped Swara, much to the shock of Sanskar. All stare at him. Oh, a slight correction to be more specific, glared at him.