||26. Over and out||

"Feelings fluctuate with time."

~ Twinklingmeghs

*****

The moment Sanskar's footsteps dried away, Swara collapsed on the floor. She felt a sharp pain perforate through her. The twinge rapidly spread throughout the body. Her vision clouded, and tears strolled down her cheeks.

Swara wanted to explain everything and clear things. He misunderstood her. Hearing the sound of crashing, she trotted to his room and got terrified to see the horrific sight in front of her.

"My God!" She never expected that she would see the Sanskar who has always been known as the gentlest man so violent. The room was ruined with scattered pieces of glasses, the blankets were crumbled down, the bed was disheveled with her clothes and some were on the floor like they are thrown out. Everything in the room was in a ruckus.

Sanskar was lost in his thoughts. His heart was crushed. She had no idea how he felt hearing them in Mall. If only she told him before, it would not have hurt so much. He refused to sink in the voice reiterating in his mind.

Knowing that she loved Sahil, was killing him alive. Anger overshadowed his softness. As time passed by, his outrage was muffled by remorse. A spasm of guilt absorbed him. Because of him, she is suffering. He came between two lovers.

Lifting the vase from the table, he hurled it against the wall shattering it into pieces.

"San-skar?" Her gaze roamed until they rested on the dejected Sanskar. Hearing a soft sobbing, he looked up and met her intense black orbs. The moment she touched his arm, he tosses her hand away instantly.

"Swara, good that you come now. We don't need to act anymore. Take your things," Confusion sprawled on her face, "Uttara is gone, we don't need to share a room anymore." He cast a weak smile at her.

"But--" Swara fumbles for words.

"You can shift back to your old room." He said without looking at her.

"Sanskar... let me explain." Her words were cut off by him.

"I don't need a roommate who hides things from me. How long were you planning to keep it up from me?" Sanskar asked. His eyes glistened with pain.

"So that's what we're! Roommates? I thought we are best friends." Disappointment crowded in Swara.

"Best friends don't hide things from each other." It sealed her mouth. No replies came from her. It was her fault. Her reluctance to open up about her past resulted in smashing the relationship they both initiated.

She knelt and started filling her stuff into the bag one by one. After packing, she took one last look at him. Without even waiting for her reaction, he slammed the door shut. She stood before his room staring at the closed door. After some moment, she moved to the room in front of his room.

Upon entering her old room, she crumpled on the bed. She tossed and turned, but she could not sleep no matter what. Her head was heavy with conflicting thoughts, she stared at the ceiling. She kept on pondering how to ask forgiveness from him. If Sahil's drama never happened they would be happy together.

She realized that now for whom her heart beating. And it was definitely for not Sahil.

Perhaps, never was.

The next morning Sanskar woke up feeling miserable. He could not comprehend his emotions. One glimpse of her, he will melt. He dodged her every attempt when she tried to talk to him. Though he could not help it, hurt to figure out her heart beating for someone else.