||12. Her fear||

"Nothing frightens me as needles,
which pierce inside the skin."

~ Twinkling_megs

☆▪☆▪☆

Swara's eyes fluttered open slowly. She held her head as she felt immense pain in her head. Then her gaze shifts to a clock in the room, seeing the time she realized that she slept the whole day. She turns her head only to see Sanskar sitting on a couch with a laptop, working on it. He was so engrossed in work that he did not notice that she was awake. He had an important meeting today, but he stayed back just for her.

He only cared for her while she shunned him.

What a fate!

He was thinking he was the reason for everything, but it was not him. It was she who was responsible for all the mess. A tiny tear escaped from her eyes, she felt a hot breath near her face that touched shivers her. He was cupping her face and they are so close to each other.

Noticing tears in her eyes, he asks "What happened?" she glances over his eyes. It was the first time she observed innocence in those eyes and deep pain felt across her heart. She felt a pang of guilt in her chest.

"Swara, what happened? Why are you crying?" he asked again with a concern-filled tone. Unable to meet his gaze,  she lowered her eyes down looking at the floor.

"Is it paining? Did I have to call a doctor?" he started panicking. She negatively shook her head.

He sits on his knees, a glint of worry in his eyes "Swara please don't think anything, we will discuss it all once you get well..."

But she cut his words in the middle "I'm okay Sanskar." He looked at her blankly, not convinced. She put a smile on her face to make it look real. Nonetheless, it's a fake one. Gladly, he did not catch that or so she thought.

"Okay, You want something?" her eyes glanced towards the couch where his laptop lying on, it was still open. "Finish your work Sanskar."

He peeked back and forth laptop, then her "Nothing important, you say if you need something." she jiggled her head.

"Take rest" he stood up. Words sealed in her mouth. Why was she not able to talk with him? She was never like this before. After marriage, she hardly spoke a few words to him. Whenever she tries to talk, her voice gets choked on the throat.

"I'm sorry..." at last words come from her mouth. She could feel his gaze over her, she was still looking down.

'Is this floor is your lover? Why are you still looking at it?' her inner conscience chastises me.

Truth is she can't face him and meet his intense gaze.

"Swara take a rest. I will call a doctor. You are still looking pale."

Did he not hear what she just said? Or did he think she was insane? She just said sorry, didn't he hear it? Taking his phone from the table, he dialed some number.

"Doctor will be here soon," he said looking everywhere, but her. She closed her eyes when he touched her forehead "Temperature is normal." he let out a sigh. She said nothing as a shudder ran down her spine.