||8. Unexpected relation||

"Who would have thought that our friendship would turn into a relation which we both never thought?"

☆▪☆▪☆

Sanskar was ambling to his room but stopped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned feeling familiar touch, unable to hold his emotions he hugged her.

"Mom I spoiled Swara's life. How can I be selfish I married her without asking permission? Whatever Kavitha did what was Swara's mistake in that? How can I do this to her mom?"

"Sanskar you did nothing wrong son. Don't feel guilty. This was all Kavita's mistake. If she didn't elope from the wedding this would never happen. But I'm happy that Swara is married to you instead of that girl. She never deserved you. If you didn't marry Swara then no one would have married her after the shameful act of Kavita. This society will taunt her. You did not spoil her life instead you saved her life.

I know how you are feeling now. You and Swara were friends before, now nothing changed except a new relationship linked to you. To be honest, I always wanted you two to be a couple, you both are made for each other. Your name is written in her fate, you both were destined to be together. Give her some time to accept the new relationship." A wave of hope sheathed to him by her talk.

He knocked on the door before stepping inside. As he entered the room his gaze shifted towards Swara who was sitting on the edge of a bed with a gloomy face. He felt awful to see her like that. Even anyone in her place will be wrecked.

What's her fault?

She married him for the so-called prestige of the family. The fact is that social status and prestige matter more than her feelings. No one asked her consent in marriage including him. But now the fact no one can change is they are married. He shook his head and went near her, sat beside her.

"I know and understand how you must feel right now. I am sorry Swara. Take your own time Swara. Remember I'm your friend before your husband. I will never do something which hurt you. I won't touch you without your permission." He said without looking into her eyes as he could not dare to face her.

"I want a divorce." He got stunned as he heard her words.

As the word divorce came out of her mouth, his knees weaken. He stumbled a bit. He must have heard something wrong. But she repeated her words making him realize it was true. She's asking for "Divorce". It seethed his anger.

Which wife asks for divorce on the wedding night?

Are the sisters making fun of him and his feelings? He has not recovered from the shock of his bride's runaway a day before our marriage. Now Swara wanted to leave this pious relation, marriage. However, he can not blame her though, it is his mistake in the first place. He stared at fragile Swara.

He observed how much hurt she was by watching her eyes and understood she is concealing something. He didn't know what to reply. Whether to say yes or no.

"I want a divorce." She repeated her words with a cold tone.

He gazed at her who was waiting for his answer. But he ignored answering it, "Why?" He asked her briskly. But she avoided that question. That made him furious as Swara was not revealing the actual reason behind it. So he decided to dismiss her demand.

"Swara sleep now we will talk about it tomorrow. It is very late" he lay on the bed and closed his eyes feigning to be asleep.

He could hear Swara's sobbing voice beside him and felt sorry for her. He has to find out what happened to her. Why is she demanding a divorce? If she does not want to marry then why she married him? She was not the Swara he has known. So many questions revolving around his mind.