76. Statements

Harry's POV:

Ella won't talk to anyone. She's in her hospital room and said that she's not accepting visitors, not even the police as she needs some time to figure out what has happened. I tried to go out and see her but the stupid security won't let me. I know she wants to be alone but she can't be. I need to be with her and tell her that I'm here and everything will be okay.

She's lost so many people before that are close to her and I get that despite her hating Adam, it'd be hard to lose him too. It'd be hard for someone to die in your arms again just like her family had.

I managed to stall us some time by saying that we needed to come get checkups to make sure we are physically and mentally sustainable which is pretty much the law to do anyway.

I hate sitting here waiting in the hallway. I got the all clear an hour ago. Ella keeps leaving me on read and not replying to my texts. At least I know she's receiving them.

Zayn is in one of the rooms with the cops at the moment. He wasn't there to witness the scene, but I sure hope he manages a bluff and sticks to what I told him.

Zayn's POV:

The pigs look like they need to go get laid or something because it looks to me like they're unhappier than an old grandma when you take the last shopping cart in a supermarket.

"Mr Malik, you said you did not witness the scene as you were in the parking lot waiting for Miss Jackson. Why were you waiting for her what was she doing?" Officer Bryan asks me, flicking a pen in his hand.

"As I already said, I was waiting for Ella. I don't know what was going on up there. I was speaking with her in her office when she was on the phone with Harry and she just turned pale and I asked her what was wrong and she wouldn't tell me she got up and left so I followed her. She always tells me of her whereabouts and I know that Harry is a good guy but trouble follows him due to his career and I didn't want Ella to get hurt or anything so I followed her to make sure everything was okay."

"And when you followed her what happened exactly?" Officer Stuart asks. He has deep bags under his eyes, he makes me yawn or tiredness just looking at him.

"I seen Ella go into the hotel and she didn't come out for a while so then I thought oh so her and Harry must've met in there to ... you know."

"Do they not share a home together to do that sort of business there?" Stuart raises an eyebrow.

"Harry lives alone and Ella lives with her pregnant friend so they can't go to her apartment for alone time because of that and I know Ella doesn't go to Harry's much because there's always paparazzi or journos at his place trying to get dirt from him so that's probably why they didn't go there." That bit I made up and I'm pretty sure they brought it because it isn't really a lie I know Harry does get those visitors and Taylor is very pregnant which means she's almost always home nowadays.

"And why such a cheap hotel? I know Mr Styles is very well off, so why such a run down hotel that barely had staff services it is filthy there."

"Don't you think that's a question you should ask them? Mate, I'm not inside their minds. As if I'd know why they went there I already told you I just followed Ella."

"And why did you call us?" Bryan asks.

"I heard a gunshot." Its true, I only heard one even though there was two.