5. Scented Caramel

I'm on my way to Zayn and Perrie's place after being on the phone to Perrie for almost an hour. She felt awful for me leaving the party and insisted on it being all her fault as she was the one who invited me.

I told her it wasn't her job to babysit me and that perhaps the party environment isn't my thing.

I arrive to their flat which is about a fifteen minute drive away on a good day. Today is not one of those good days as the traffic was horrendous. Bad traffic in New York? No way I'd never believe that.

When I am met with the familiar, multicoloured, but mostly auburn building - I put my indicator on and wait for a kind driver to let me in

When I am met with the familiar, multicoloured, but mostly auburn building - I put my indicator on and wait for a kind driver to let me in. I end up waiting another five minutes until finally, a young woman lets me through.

I send her a wave, thanking her and drive into the underground parking. I put my breaks on and come to a stop when I see Zayn leaning against the brick wall. He smiles and waves at me when he recognises my car.

I almost contemplate taking out my phone and snapping a photo of him. This guy just looked like he was in a photo shoot leaning on the wall like that. Him and Perrie are going to have very attractive children.

Pressing the unlock button on the doors, I wind down my window and shout "hey good looking."

Zayn gets in my car and his familiar cologne instantly fills the confined space. He's now dressed in a casual white t shirt and navy sweats. "Hey Ella" he leans over and kisses my cheek. "Long time no see."

You'd think we'd get sick of each other after working with each other all day and then hanging out after work, but we don't. He's such an easy going person which makes him so incredible to get along with.

Plus, we are often so busy with our jobs that we may only see each other whilst passing in the lifts in a hurry to get our papers to Tony's office on time. Zayn's assistant recently quit, so on top of all his work he needs to find a new assistant. I'm so lucky I still have Taylor.

Zayn said I could park my car in his neighbours parking spot as he is away on holidays at the moment. I wish I was on a holiday right now.

"I submitted another article to Tony today." He tells me. He's been stressing about getting it done and it must be such a relief for him o have it finished.

"I'm so glad you did because now you can just focus on editing until you get your next article."

"If I get my next article."

I look over at him and shake my head. "You will Zayn. And you'll get promoted soon too. Tony knows how good you are. Did you get the word count?"

"I was at 1007 words and reduced it to 1003. It's just over and it would be nice if I had an assistant to edit it for me and reduce that word count too."