The Parting of the Ways

So if you hadn't learned I put out a description of Sloan. It's right before the first chapter.... So check it out or imagine Sloan however you want.

~

Sloan groaned rubbing her head as if that would make her new found headache disappear. She had woken up to feel the TARDIS shaking more than it did with the Doctor piloting. Something was off... Getting out of the bed the woman stumbled a bit before steadying herself to find out what was going on. Although upon entering, hearing Rose yell, Sloan knew something was very wrong. "Come on, fly. How do you fly? Come on, help me!"

Sloan's eyes widened as she entered the console area and saw Rose trying to work the console. "What's going on? Where's the Doctor? Where are we?" Rose looked up and shrieked in shock, she had forgotten that Sloan had been unconscious for a while.

"Whatever emergency program one is... He's there facing the Daleks all on his own and he sent us home."

"Home? Mine or yours?" But she didn't receive an answer as Rose pulled her out of the TARDIS. It was hopeless the machine wouldn't move. Sloan tried to comfort the poor girl but she really had no idea what was going on. The Daleks... Well the woman knew that Rose wouldn't have made it up and she remembered what Emergency Program One was... When she saw the Doctor again she was going to kill him with her bare hands. Time might have been in a flux but she knew that she had to meet her raggedy man at some point. The memories hadn't left and that meant there was a chance.

As Sloan tried to get Rose to talk about what happened, Mickey had run up to them. "I knew it! I was all the way down Clifton Parade, and I heard the engines. I thought, there's only one thing that makes a noise like that." He says before seeing Rose's face "What is it?" He asked but Rose pulls him in a hug and starts crying. Mickey looks at Sloan over Rose's shoulder to try and find out but the girl only shrugs in response.

~

"Rose, I've called up the internal laser codes. There should be a different number on every screen. Can you read them out to me?" Jack asked through his vortex manipulator.

"She's not here." The Doctor said still working on his wires.

"Of all the times to take a leak. When she gets back, tell her to read me the codes."

"She's not coming back."

Confused about the slightly cryptic answers he asked "What do you mean? Where'd she go?"

The Doctor looked at the screen pausing what he was doing for a moment to answer "Just get on with your work.

"You took them home, didn't you?" Jack questioned finally getting it.

"Yeah."

"The Delta Wave. Is it ever going to be ready?"

"Tell him the truth, Doctor. There is every possibility the Delta Wave could be complete, but no possibility of refining it. The Delta Wave must kill every living thing in its path, with no distinction between human and Dalek. All things will die... By your hand." The Dalek Emperor stated.

"Doctor, the range of this transmitter covers the entire Earth." Jack pointed out now seeing the severity of the situation in full.

"You would destroy Daleks and Humans together. If I am God, the creator of all things, then what does that make you, Doctor?"

"There are colonies out there. The Human Race would survive in some shape or form, but you're the only Daleks in existence. The whole Universe is in danger if I let you live. Do you see, Jack? That's the decision I've got to make for every living thing. Die as a human or live as a Dalek. What would you do?"