- øne -

.:: chapter one - innocence ::.

🌻🌾🌻

The breeze of the outside air, blew Tyler's dark brown fluffy strands in all different directions. His warm skin cooling off the longer he sat outside on his parents patio swing, watching the grass dance in the slight wind.

Around this time, students would be getting off of school. Backpacks filled with homework, and grumpy, tired facial expressions filled with nothing but agony.

But not Tyler.

No, Tyler was homeschooled. With a mother who didn't like public schools, and a father who wanted nothing but the best for his son, the only way Tyler ever learned was from the teacher who privately taught him at home.

Mrs. Williams. The young blonde woman named Jenna who was married to a female named Hayley. Tyler thought the couple was very cute, and never failed to mention it to Mrs. Williams who always thanked the boy with the brightest smile.

The brunet giggled at a orange and black butterfly that landed on the tip of his nose, wings fluttering, and legs moving as it walked. Carefully, Tyler reached a nimble finger up to place the insect onto his index finger, moving it away from his face to fully get a look at the magnificent creature.

"Tyler." A voice called out. That voice belonging to his older sister, Cara.

The young boy turned to look where the voice came from and smiled, scooting over with a pat on the sat signaling the older brunette to take a seat. With a chuckle, Cara walked over to take a seat beside her younger brother and cooed at the innocence radiating off of him as he held the butterfly with security.

"Did you need something?" Tyler asked politely. Doe eyes peering into similar brown ones, glancing every so often at the winged creature.

"No, just wanted to hang out with my little brother. See how you are. You remember how we used to just have random chats at night when mom and dad were asleep?" Cara asked, leaning toward to watch her feet kick around some of the green grass beneath her foot.

Tyler giggled and nodded his head, letting the butterfly down onto a white flower.

"I do. I remember when we used to lay in your bed, listening to Marina while playing candy land." He giggled some more, the sound giving the older brunette much joy.

Cara smiled and took in the beauty of her younger brother. His purity, something she wished would never go away as she looked at the large brown eyes highlighted by the dark freckles on his cheeks.

"From Family Jewels, to Electra Heart, to Froot. Just all night listening to her. She has such a beautiful voice, I wish I could sing like her." Tyler added, pouting after a while of repressing younger memories, laying his head on Cara's shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you when you go back to college." He whispered, letting a puff of air flow out between his pink lips, tears welling up in his eyes at the thought of not having his big sister close to him, being that she would be moving to a different state.

"Hey, ty, don't cry. No matter where I'm at, I'll always be here for you. You're my little brother, I'm your big sister, don't ever forget that okay?" She said, running her hand through his fluffy hair, pressing a kiss to his temple.

The feminine boy let out a tearful laugh, and leaned up to kiss her cheek.

"I love you, Cara." He told his sister.

"I love you too, Tyler." She said back.

Suddenly loud voices were ringing down the block, a group of teenage boys were riding their bikes down the street, coming to a stop at the house next to his home. There was a few people walking besides the bikers, but not a lot. Cara patted Tyler's thigh before standing up to go inside.

"I'll be inside if you need me." She smiled, Tyler nodded before fixating his eyes back on the group of boys.

He did notice one of them wearing a skirt, and another wearing high waisted skinny jeans with a scarf around their neck. The one with the scarf was under the arm of a semi-tall boy, and the one with the skirt had his arm around the neck of a tattooed boy riding a bike while they stood on the pegs. Curiosity got the best of the younger Joseph as he watched the group of friends laugh and terrorize the neighborhood. A boy wearing a black leather jacket and skin tight skinny jeans caught the innocent boy's attention, as he got off the black BMX bike and pulled something that resembled a cigarette to his lips.

Tyler couldn't make out facial features, but that didn't stop him from looking.

The innocent boy jumped when he heard his mom tell him something. "Whatever you do, don't ever act like that, my boy." She said cocking her head to the side where the large group was.

"Of course, mama." He smiled, his dimples denting his freckled cheeks with another wave of pureness.

Ruth went back inside her home, Tyler eventually following with one last glance next door. The brunet traveled to his room, grabbing his flower crown off the table by the front door to set it down on his dark hair. The disparity of colors clashing against each other in the best possible way.

The feminine boy was ethereal in every form possible. Golden skin, paired with freckled cheeks, round brown eyes, dark brown hair, a peach colored flower crown atop his head, and a floral flowing dress resting against his body.

He shut his bedroom door and sat on his bed, pulling on his pair of black glasses to look over some work Mrs. Williams gave him to do. Not wanting to fall behind or get bad grades, he studied. Only taking breaks to use the restroom or eat once dinner was done, but he did take a break when the curtains of the next door neighbors home opened.

Tyler was a curious boy, so of course when something new happened he would check it out. Walking over to his own window, he peered into the other homes window, squealing with a gasp when he saw the boy from earlier smoking with his shirt off. Quickly Tyler closed his blinds, and acted as if he didn't see anything.

Not that seeing your shirtless next door neighbor was bad, but to Tyler's innocent mind, he just invaded someone's privacy, and that was bad enough.

🌻🌾🌻

Unedited.
man i love innocent tyler, he's just so cute. i don't want to rush this story but i don't want it to be long either, so i'm going to maybe have josh be introduced next chapter?

oh, how do you like the story so far??? hopefully it's pretty good :)

|-/ shay xx