- three -

.:: chapter three - lovely ::.

🌻🌾🌻

"You're so precious, Tyler." Cara cooed, watching as her younger brother danced around her pastel painted green room, wearing a pikachu onesie with a yellow daisy flower crown. He giggled before tackling his sister onto the bed, and pressing a slobbery kiss against her cheek.

"Love you, monster." He said with a smile.

The siblings laid down on Cara's bed. A marina song playing lowly through the speakers. With a soft sigh, Tyler turned his head to face his sister, dark freckled spots standing out in the bright light coming from his sisters lamp on the bedside table.

"Cara, how do you know if you like someone?" The young brunet asked the older. Small fingers twiddling together as he peered at the ceiling, waiting for the answer his sister was going to tell him.

"Well, what do you mean? Do you mean as a friend, or something more?" She asked, looking over at her younger brother.

Tyler's cheeks turned a rosy red as he began to think about the boy next door. He knew what it meant to like someone as a friend, since he already liked people as a friend, and for some reason he liked josh as his friend but there was something else there that he couldn't really pinpoint.

"Something m-more." He stuttered, hiding his face behind his hand because he could tell he was turning a bright red.

"Do you think about this person a lot?" Cara asked, looking away from the feminine boy, and back to her ceiling.

Tyler nodded before voicing his answer. A simple "yes" leaving the safety of his plump lips.

"Do you get butterflies when you talk to them? Does your stomach get this funny feeling?" She questioned with her eyes squinted, racking her brain for other ways to tell you like somebody.

"I think so." He shrugged.

"Do you get all blushy or nervous?" She asked her final question, smiling at the innocent boy who was already blushing.

With a final nod of his head, Cara turned to face Tyler, the same smile gracing her cheeks.

"You have a crush. Mind telling me who it is?" She asked, nudging the brunet with a chuckle escaping her lips.

"His names Joshua, but he said not to call him that. You can call him Josh, but only I can call him Jishwa." Tyler explained, rambling on about the looks of the boy, and expressing his confusion on why his mother reacted the way she did when she saw him.

Yeah, he may have been mean at the beginning and made Tyler cry, but everybody deserves a second chance, and nobody deserves to be judged by looks and actions. That wasn't fair.

"Mom, just gets scared when people like that get near someone like you, because ty, you're very pretty and pure. Anyone would be so lucky to have someone like you, and people like josh could hurt you." Cara tried to explain without scaring the boy. She thought she had did a good job before she spotted Tyler pouting.

"Joshie wants to hurt me?" He asked with a small voice.

"Honestly Tyler, usually the people who mean the most to you, hurt you. Sometimes it's not intentional, and people don't mean it but it still hurts. Josh, is mean to people and even if he was nice to you, he's still mean. People like josh, you have to be careful around. You know?" She asked.

"I think so, thank you Cara." He smiled, dimples appearing in his freckled cheeks.

"I'm gonna go to my room now and start getting ready for bed." He yawned, throwing a hand over his mouth and giggling afterwards.

Cara held out her arms, awaiting for the void to be filled with the presence of Tyler. The brunet wrapped his arms around Cara's torso.

"Goodnight big sister." He whispered.

"Goodnight little brother." She whispered back.

Tyler excited the room and closed her door behind him. He didn't bother going downstairs to say goodnight to his parents because he was just so tired, and was too lazy to walk all the way down the stairs and back up. Entering his room, he was hit with the scent of toasted marshmallows, a candle Cara had got him on her shopping run.

Walking to his bed, Tyler jumped down on it with a giggle. His face stuck in his mint green blankets, as his tucked his arms under his body, flower crown falling off his head, so he replaced it with the pikachu hoodie. After awhile he turned onto his side, using his left hand to plug the fairy lights he had around his bed into the wall. Watching them all turn on at the same time.

Tyler's room was very simple. A bed pushed up against the wall, a bedside table next to it, fairy lights hanging around the frame of his bed and around the window at the opposite end, dark brown carpeted floor, with a mint green circular rug, and a desk pushed up against the wall underneath the tv that was planted above it.

A knock on the window was heard, confusing Tyler at first before worry started to wash over him. Staying still, Tyler threw the blanket over his body and didn't move.

"Bambi, it's me." He lowly heard. Pushing the blankets off of him, Tyler was up in a flash and walking towards the window. He moved the curtains to the side to see the pink haired boy at his window, opening the window he helped the taller boy get into his room.

"Why are you here, jishwa? Don't you think it's kinda late?" He asked, sitting back on his bed with his legs crossed. The brunet watched as Josh locked his door, and sat at the desk chair.

"You said if I ever need someone to talk to, I could come here did you or did you not?" Josh asked with an attitude, Tyler pouted and pulled his legs up close to his body.

"I did, but you don't have to be so mean about it." He sadly said, not liking how josh was being again. With a sigh Tyler stood up and walked to his closet, ignoring the boy with the tattoos that was staring intently at him.

Leaning down, Tyler picked up his old stuffed bunny, and pressed it to his chest before turning to face Josh.

"This is bear, the bunny. My older sister Cara gave it to me when I was younger and would have bad days. He helped me smile, and hopefully he will help you smile too." Tyler said lowly, a sad smile making its way onto his face for a brief moment as he handed it over.

Josh just looked at the boy with a small smile. Josh knew he was rude all the time, he just couldn't help it. The way he acted or reacted was a defense mechanism that stuck with him at a young age, but for some reason when he saw the saddened expression on Tyler's face, he still couldn't help but feel slightly bad.

Here Tyler was just trying to make him smile, and here Josh was upsetting the boy with one sentence.

"Thank you, Tyler." He sincerely said.

And when Tyler smiled that bright big smile, Josh smiled too.

🌻🌾🌻

Unedited.
i can't tell if this seems like it's going to fast, but if it is, i'm sorry ! i just don't want to trail this on longer than necessary.

well that and i'm excited to get more into tyler and josh though.

|-/ shay xx