- førty -

.:: chapter forty - appearances ::.

🌻🌾🌻

"What the hell are you doing here?" The brunet asks with a low condescending tone. He wasn't the same naive little boy that he was years ago, he was now an adult with a son and a husband. The older woman just looked at him with a glint in her eyes and smiled.

"I came to see my boy, why else would I be here? Didn't know you had the family over? Oh do you so happen to still be with the troublesome fellow?" Ruth asked with a small smirk.

She hadn't seen the boy anywhere in the living room that was visible to her eyesight, and from the happy tone in her voice, is quite clear she still held a grudge against the older man.

Just then Josh had been handing over Luhan to Jasper to watch him in the kitchen while he went and dealt with the situation happening in the living room. Smoothly, his arm traveled to wrap around Tyler's waist and he watched as the smug smile on her face disappeared.

"Hi Ruth, how are you doing?" Joshua said in a sickeningly sweet tone, before pressing a kiss to the top of Tyler's head.

That's also when she realized the wedding bands on their fingers. "You got married I see... wow, I thought you could do so much better than that Tyler, honestly I'm disappointed." Ruth said with a scoff.

Cara was about to jump in and attack with all force but was stopped when Luhan was running out from the kitchen calling for his mama. Just then all eyes turned to the young boy who had a pout on his face, and Jasper who looked like he just wanted to be swallowed up or locked in his bedroom away from the mess.

Ruth let out a loud laugh, startling the young boy who moved to stand behind Joshua's leg.

"What did you do? Fuck some Asian to have a baby who doesn't even look like you? Wow, your family is amazing, you have a baby that's not even yours." She laughed.

Once again Cara and even Travis were about to say some rude remark, but that's when Tyler finally spoke up voicing all the hate he had held in for so long towards his mother.

"How the fuck do you think you're going to come over to my home, interrupt my family, downgrade my husband who's been nothing but faithful to me through our whole entire relationship, and then have the audacity to call out my fucking child which by the why, he's not Asian he's Chinese and he's beyond beautiful! I may have not birthed him, and I may not look like him, but this baby is my son! I'm raising him, I'm taking care of him, I'm being the best goddamn mother that I can be which is something you seem to lack! So next time you want to come at my family, make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about." He shouted with his eyes full of rage, water was building up the farther he got into his rant because he couldn't believe someone he had loved so dearly would ever treat him like this.

He couldn't believe that Ruth thought it was okay to say something like that about his family.

"I don't care what ethnicity my babies are, or what families I adopt them from, as long as my babies are happy and healthy I don't give a flying fuck about what they look like because no matter what they are beautiful! Now I want you to leave and get out of my fucking life Ruth!" He ended, slamming the door shut leaving a stunned Ruth on the other end.

It wasn't until the moment the door was closed he heard the whimpers and cries that left the toddler, instantly moving to pick him up, Tyler cradled his son to his chest and walked away in silence to his bedroom.

"I'm sorry baby, mama is so sorry. You know I love you right?" Tyler asked with a watery cough from being overwhelmed. Luhan let out a few sniffles and nodded his head before pushing his face more into his chest as he snuffle.

"I lo'e y-you mo'e." The boy hiccuped, and that made the brunet cry harder.

He couldn't believe what had happened to him. He wished he could go to sleep and restart the day all over again, but stuff like that didn't happen, and he couldn't go back in time.

🌻🌾🌻

Unedited.
short chapter because it's
mainly focused on ruth
returning, which i don't think
this will be the last of her
to be honest !

|-/ shay